HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Well now. Isn't this cool.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Well now. Isn't this cool.   Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 pm

I knew Starline brass was making 308 Winchester brass now. I wondered about that, seeing as it's plentiful. Checking out their website, I discover that they are also making 358 Winchester brass. That's a plus as it's pretty rare now days. I had no idea that some of the black rifles were being converted to 358 Win. Makes sense as it's really a 308 necked up to 35 caliber. Starline says for those that want a little more thump than a 308 gives them.

A little more thump. Laughing My bolt action with full power loads really smacks a 100yd berm hard. Shoot a hundred rounds and your shoulder will know it. Operating the action should make a 358 a bit more manageable. So that is something to keep an eye out for on the range. I am always picking up brass from those that do not reload. Now I don't have to depend on resizing 308's. Hornady has been making 200gr loads for the market and brass is often available. But Winchester brass is really rare. I like Starline brass.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Well now. Isn't this cool.   Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Scoop up the 38/357/44 and I'll figure out some way to pay you for it, yankee greenbacks, baccy, shine, gold, what have ya.

Edited in: Got silly and hit send too soon.
Black rifles are expanding out all over the place. Have you seen the 458 SOCOM, the 6.5 Grendel & 6.5 creedmore. I've been considering building out a 300BLK pistol with sig brace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Well now. Isn't this cool.   Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:08 pm

Yeah. Some of those I was aware of. I saw the release notes on the 308 but had no idea they were also doing 358 Win. I have a bunch of Starline pistol brass. Going to have to add this one to the list for next time.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bemused

Registration date : 2015-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Well now. Isn't this cool.   Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Good old Starline. They've got 50 Beowulf brass in stock right now, wish I had the cash to get some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Well now. Isn't this cool.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1