HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Mold on FVF in 250g boxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
My humble suggestion... Do not count on plastic bags and cellophaned thick paper boxes to properly store your purchase...

I agree, I always open any tobacco that's boxed or shipped in plastic bags and jar what ever I'm not going to smoke within a 30 day period. I've never had any issues with mold in my jarred tobacco's. The suggestion of wearing latex/rubber gloves is something I always do, especially if your blending tobacco's. I'd much rather keep germs and the oils from my skin out of my long term aging process.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Lords Wiz & Coyote: I hear you, mates. The thing is, I have an issue with long term storage in Mason jars.
I don't believe in it. It's a visceral thing ; I can't help it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Lord Guyrox wrote:
Lords Wiz & Coyote: I hear you, mates. The thing is, I have an issue with long term storage in Mason jars.
I don't believe in it. It's a visceral thing ; I can't help it. Embarassed

I've done the Mason jar routine since '10 or earlier and have yet to experience a problem. And I haven't gone to any great lengths either - used my bare hands, and just screwed the lids down tight. FWIW.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
gnossos

Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:16 pm

I literally had a nightmare last night that involved the pictures of the moldy FVF posted in here.  Terrifying.

Now I'm semi-nervous about my stash.  It does dawn on me that a particular online vendor owns C&D which is known to have had fairly regular mold issues and I'm half wondering if that could cross-contaminate with other blends, or worse, is due to the warehouse somehow.  I highly doubt either is the case but like I said, those pictures gave me straight up nightmares.

And oh yeah, I've added a large stockpile of SG flakes to my cellar this year, most recently just last week, right about when the original poster here got his Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:40 pm

gnossos wrote:
I literally had a nightmare last night that involved the pictures of the moldy FVF posted in here.  Terrifying.

Now I'm semi-nervous about my stash.  It does dawn on me that a particular online vendor owns C&D which is known to have had fairly regular mold issues and I'm half wondering if that could cross-contaminate with other blends, or worse, is due to the warehouse somehow.  I highly doubt either is the case but like I said, those pictures gave me straight up nightmares.

And oh yeah, I've added a large stockpile of SG flakes to my cellar this year, most recently just last week, right about when the original poster here got his Shocked

I hear you......

I just went through the stash/cellar yesterday. So far, so good....

As I understand it, only the C&D tinned offerings have had reported mold issues, and that would be in manufacturing, not a sealed tin poorly stored. I haven't heard anything more regarding other 250 gm. boxes being moldy lately, so perhaps it is a singular occurrence restricted to that specific batch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gnossos

Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mold on FVF in 250g boxes   Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:44 pm

One can hope. I've NEVER had Gawith blends go moldy. C&D is the only manufacturer I've personally had that has molded. Hopefully it stays that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mold on FVF in 250g boxes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2