HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Going to try to blend some tobaccos together

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vmen84

Registration date : 2013-06-12

PostSubject: Going to try to blend some tobaccos together   Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:31 am

I was thinking of blending some tobacco particularly MCCLELLAND NO. 605 PASTRY I'm not exactly sure what I should try blending with I'm in aromatics fan. I was just curious as to whether any of you gentlemen had experience with blending tobaccos? If so what was outcome for you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Going to try to blend some tobaccos together   Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm

I'm smoking a pipe for over 47 years and blending and making my own pressed cake/Kake blends for over 42 years. Do you enjoy spice from Perique or the smokiness and flavors of Latakia's? I make 3 different tobacco's with a cigar blend also.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Going to try to blend some tobaccos together   Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:05 pm

I have been known to dabble in the Craft...............

I haven't tried the blend you mentioned, so it would be tough to hazard a guess to what may be the direction you want to go with it. I just looked at the reviews/description on TR, and my gut tells me it might be nice with a bit of Izmir. That would probably lend it a floral note between the two. To bring it down in pitch, and perhaps kick in some vitamin 'N', almost 15% should be Perique. That will keep the sweetness going too, just with a few base notes.

If you want to play in the Burley Garden, and pull in a nutty flavor to the described sweetness the original blend has, try adding some burley, or maybe put a bit of an edge to it, and mix about one third Kentucky in. That will also really back off the sweetness, but might sustain the room note.

If you try a touch of Latakia, the vanilla topping will turn more of a burnt marshmallow/caramel sensation. But just a touch.

There are more things you could do as well, let your tastes be your guide. Experiment with really small amounts, record EVERYTHING you try.

Swing, Batter!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Going to try to blend some tobaccos together
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1