HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Products are dropping off P&C's site

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Products are dropping off P&C's site   Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:24 am

Been watching for a few months now, and noticed that instead of listing a manufacturer, they are now listing each of the offerings. Perhaps to keep the list looking 'full'. But today, noticed that many blends are just falling off the list.

To wit, tonight, no listing exist for Sam Gawith's St. James Flake. It's not out of stock, or backordered. It's just gone.......

Same with Rattray's Bagpiper's dream.

There are more. The list of the missing grows.............

Insidious.........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Products are dropping off P&C's site   Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:39 am

OMG, I will keep my eye on Smokingpipes site. They are out of stock on Bagpipers Dream but was told it will be back in stock soon. I no longer do business with P&C, since it was purchased by International Cigar, poor packing and customer service. Besides SP, I also purchase from a private seller at the cheapest prices I've ever paid for tobacco, 4Noggins and WVsmokeshop.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Products are dropping off P&C's site   Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Interesting. Perhaps they actually are liquidating their supply.

One of the lesser known online vendors that I used to buy quite a bit from, Pipe and Leaf, liquidated a lot of their stock and for the most part deal in bulks and only a handful of tinned products. They used to stock all sorts of tinned tobaccos from a wide variety of brands. Not so much now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Products are dropping off P&C's site   Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Some of the stuff they list hasn't been in stock for a long time, and with the coming of the new year, having to do inventory/accounting, while possibly also finally receiving word with the coming new year that companies won't be producing certain tobaccos or closing shop, it makes perfect sense for them to finally remove them from the website. This is the time of year when most businesses get their house in order. I'd be more inclined to think this is what is happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Products are dropping off P&C's site   Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Well, yesterday I called Smokingpipes and spoke to someone I deal with often in customer service . He told me that Rattray's Bagpipers Dream and Marlin Flake will be back in stock, it was not discontinued. Hopefully in less than 2 weeks. I will keep checking.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Products are dropping off P&C's site
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1