HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Best friend that is.
I'm a member of a defensive firearm forum. In a thread titled "Best Quote" I ran into this...

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown.

If the deceitful tongue of mankind has ever said anything truer, I lack the knowledge of it.

I present (once again) Duncan. My wife says we are codependent.

upload pic

Just as commendable as my Duncan is my wife's best bud, Hershey the 150lb lab.

image hosting no register

Both are theoretically "family dogs" but we all know who is paired off with who.

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Mine's in my avatar over there
<--------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:56 pm

4 pounds of ferocious beast. I protested when my wife wanted her, please no more dogs, but now she sleeps on my pillow next to me.

GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:51 am

My wife has her baby doll, also known as Shisha;

And I've got my Hunting buddy, also known as Snuff;

And they are good buddies also;

I Love dogs, I don't think I could go without a hound.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
nismo270r

Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 am

It's been almost 2 1/2 years since we lost our best bud Hampton here. His personality was so unique, and he was a stubborn turd to boot. We have finally gotten to the point though where we have an application in with a local adoption agency and are keeping our eye out when someone comes up that needs a good home. Definitely pretty damn lonely without our fur baby around.

I took this on b&w film when he was just a wee pup before his ears perked up. His right one stood up pretty quickly, but his left one drooped for years. I came back from deployment and his left ear had stood up. Damn people broke my dog while I was gone! Definitely one of my favorite photos of him though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 am

One of my 7 kids
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:37 am

Idky mine is upside down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 am

Our dog's a rabbit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:57 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Our dog's a rabbit.

Mmmmmmmmm, rabbit..........................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:59 am

Come on dude that's his pet man have some respect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:15 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Our dog's a rabbit.

My dog Snuff and your dog would get along great...

Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:00 am

This is Luke, my granddaughter's dog. But in reality Luke hangs with me often. Especially when nobody is home. Yup, he sleeps on my bed at times. Loves people but goes BONKERS when he see's any other dog. I spoil him rotten:king: king king
Luke is a North Carolina Plott Hound

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Our fir ball is named Cubby but, answers to Butt Head, Poop Butt, etc. He's pretty old nowadays and sleeps most the time.
Poor guy is about blind and has a hard time standing on his hind legs anymore but, seems to always perk up when a biscuit
comes within nose shot. I love him dearly but, when he's gone there won't be another. I'm too old and patientless to start over again with a young one and just don't want another to die before I do.
Oh, he's a Cocker Spaniel mix.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm

arkansaspiper wrote:

One of my 7 kids
Arky half my pics post  side ways.... how in the heck did youndo it upside down..... or is it right side up but im just super doped on nyquil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Best friend that is.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown.

If the deceitful tongue of mankind has ever said anything truer, I lack the knowledge of it.

I like that, it says it all. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:55 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Our dog's a rabbit.

A real cutie but, is it house trained? Hate to slip and fall in the middle of the night on those little ball bearings the leave. Wink
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Cart I wouldn't have taken a true, big, ole, tough, Texan as a fur ball owner. Very Happy Laughing Razz Razz Razz

I'm just ragging on you. That little Yorkie I pictured pretty much owns me. I've said I hate little dogs my whole life, did everything but kick the girl child out of the house for dragging him home... now I get separation anxiety when I have to leave him at home. Lol

Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 pm

Big dogs are okay if ya have the room for'em but, I like a small one cuz there just easier to take care of and don't crush your lap.
I had a 90 pound Basset hound that was just as sweet as could be but, he'd about crush ya jump'en on your lap or want'en to sleep with ya. His name was Humphrey, sadly I had to give him to someone else that had more room at the time for him cause I lived in an apartment at the time. I still miss him from time to time but, I know he's happy where's he's at.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
A real cutie but, is it house trained? Hate to slip and fall in the middle of the night on those little ball bearings the leave. Wink  

Ron, Strangely she's the most house broken animal I have ever owned. A master of the litter box, if there ever was one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:32 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:

Ron, Strangely she's the most house broken animal I have ever owned. A master of the litter box, if there ever was one.

Rabbits aren't dumb by any means but, I never thought you'd be able to potty train one.
Good for you sir. Wink
Back to top Go down
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:35 pm

My wife took the pick oak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:54 pm

arkansaspiper wrote:
My wife took the pick oak
Arky you cant hang your wife upside down from the ceiling.... As Stick would say.... thats just not cricket....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:22 am

Lol haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.    Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 am

Arky right side up. That dog is a beast--but I'll refrain from telling him that, in case he thinks he's human. What is he, a bull mastiff or something?

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next