HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Add Sub-Forum for Fountain Pens & Inks, etc.
Yes
44%
 44% [ 15 ]
No
9%
 9% [ 3 ]
Do not care
47%
 47% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 am

We have a request for a new sub-forum which would include fountain pens, inks, penmanship, papers, perhaps roller balls. We do have a few threads that are scattered about the place, and they could be moved to the new sub-forum.

What do you folks think? Please add any comments.

sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 am

"Do not care" from me.

I'm into the whole "pen" thing (not yet, anyway...this place has a habit of giving me new hobbies), but I'm not the least bit bothered by the threads that pop up in the "Round Table."  Personally, I'd say that if those that use those threads would like a separate place for their discussions, let 'em have it; otherwise, if they want to stay in Gen-Pop with the rest of us crazies, it's not a bother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:41 am

It's best left within the general community of the BoB in the area of the Round Table. I'm into pens, knives, flashlights and old time shavers also. What will be with those future discussions, a sub-forum. Leave them where they are, easy to locate for those members that care to read or have a comment. Just my .02 cents.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 am

I vote yes but it is conditional. The other pen guys have to help find all the pen posts that will need migration.
I just hit, "view topics since last visit" so I catch most stuff when it's active, but I do admit having any topic categorized makes it easier to navigate old threads.

Can we include Pen, Paper, Stationary,Journals, & Ink in the sub-forum description. All that stuff goes hand in hand.

Any thoughts on a name? I originally thought, "Pen & Parchment"...but maybe we could have a naming contest or something before it goes official? Well that is if it goes official.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Good ideas! I put this up before my first cup of coffee this morning. So I wasn't thinking yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Can we have a separate sub-forum for custom made knives?

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:47 pm

"Can we include Pen, Paper, Stationary,Journals, & Ink in the sub-forum description. All that stuff goes hand in hand."

Agree with the above. Makes good sense.

PENINKPAPER

Custom made knives logically go in "Field & Stream'.  (2˘ worth)

Or - if you made it...the DiY section. (that's 4˘)

View user profile Online
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:53 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I vote yes but it is conditional.  The other pen guys have to help find all the pen posts that will need migration.  
I just hit, "view topics since last visit" so I catch most stuff when it's active, but I do admit having any topic categorized makes it easier to navigate old threads.  

Can we include Pen, Paper, Stationary,Journals, & Ink in the sub-forum description. All that stuff goes hand in hand.

Any thoughts on a name?  I originally thought, "Pen & Parchment"...but maybe we could have a naming contest or something before it goes official?  Well that is if it goes official.

I like Pen & Parchment!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:13 am

If I had actually read Carlos post instead of jumping in with both feet I wouldn't have repeated most of his sub-forum inclusions and think I was accomplishing something.

I like Pen & Parchment quite a bit myself. Doing a search the only thing I see we could possibly be 'infringing on' is the name of a pub in Warwickshire and a used book store in India.

I think the original, "we ought to have a forum to discuss nib creep on a a Pelikan M200 vs a Sailor 1912." Was BlackHorse..or maybe the question was, "Which looks more like blood? Diamond Monoco Red or J Herbin Rouge Hematite 1670?" so maybe we give him two votes in the name game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:59 am

Not remembering either the nib creep thing or the bloody ink question. But whatever.

So the Don't Care votes wash, then the yes is up ten to one. Nice.

Last edited by Blackhorse on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 am

"Bloody Ink!" Oh yeah. That's usually used after having managed to get a permanent ink all over ones shirt.

I like "Pen & Parchment". Remember I was impaired. Any time before I get coffee in me don't count.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 am

It was intended as humor. I was trying to say I think this whole idea was yours and you should get a say in the name. If I'm mistaken, apologies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:03 am

No apology necessary. I too always look for the humor in a situation. Sometimes that is tough before I had my coffee. I had not even considered something as important as a name. Been running circles around here. Need to go now and do my hour or so at the recreational center. I am not getting any skinnier. Better looking, maybe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll   Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:12 am

I don't have any preference in what it's named. It's your site, call it whatever you want. Not trying to be negative in any way, shape or form. Very pleased it will likely be adopted. The ten to one YES ratio surprised me.

View user profile Online

Attention! Possible New Sub-Forum Poll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Village Charter-
Jump to: