HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 am

I've seen the Coronas, and there's one on ebay from Japan that has a tamper and pick built in; seems like that would be handy. Just wondering if the lighters are any good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Idlefellow wrote:
I've seen the Coronas, and there's one on ebay from Japan that has a tamper and pick built in; seems like that would be handy.  Just wondering if the lighters are any good.
From my experience The IMCO Old Boy are the best of the lower price knockoff's. The XiKar version has had issues but the lifetime warranty is solid. I've never owned The Pearl or Pete but they are close enough in price that I stick with the IMCO. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:46 pm

I own an IMCO and it's been issue free. Just keep it clean and once in a while lightly brush the flint wheel. Most common problem is it will throw a spark but not light. Just replace the flint and stretch the spring a bit. That's it, your good to go.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:59 am

I own a Kiribi Kubuto. Nice lighter and I would recommend it. The Kiribi's are very well built and they are backed by Laudisi/Smokingpipes. Anyway, good product and high quality all the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:23 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I own a Kiribi Kubuto. Nice lighter and I would recommend it. The Kiribi's are very well built and they are backed by Laudisi/Smokingpipes. Anyway, good product and high quality all the way.

I'm going on my 2nd week with a Kubuto. Really pleased so far. It's been a while since I've had an Old Boy style lighter, and I forgot how much I like the angled flame versus a Zippo or a Bic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?   Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Save your pennies and get one of the originals, a Dunhill Unique. It was the first fuel lighter made back in 1923 and they still make it. I've heard nothing but problems of all sorts with the copies and have had NO problems with my sterling Dunhill Unique I got over 30 years ago. JMHO Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Are any of the Old Boy copies any good?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1