HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hero 616 "small/regular" vs Hero 616 "Doctor/Jumbo"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Hero 616 "small/regular" vs Hero 616 "Doctor/Jumbo"   Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 pm

OK - check out the text string "Hero 616 Doctor" on uTube for various reviews of the large capacity version of the 616 Irridium tipped model of this Parker 61 clone.  I didn't know there was any difference, but there is.

I just ordered and received a sleeve of 10 regular 616's...cost me next to zip. NOW I just ordered a 3-pack of the 616 Doctor (all of the above in original blister packs only, thank you). The very slightly different Doctor version was in the neighborhood of $4 ea. delivered. A shade longer to accommodate a longer internal ink bladder.

Note: kinda weird...my father was an MD (Internal Medicine - general practice - did house calls all the time - old school) and his pen was the famous hooded Parker 61. Or it might have been a 51...I'm no expert on vintage Parkers. These thing's official product name being the "Doctor" hits home, so to speak.

Hero 616 Doctor (also called Junbo) photo below:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hero 616 "small/regular" vs Hero 616 "Doctor/Jumbo"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1