HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi folks,
Recently picked up a Calabresi Metamorfosi billiard for $14 (best offer accepted) on Ebay.  Just wanted a pipe that I could take anywhere without worrying about the weather, or beating it up.  I must say, after putting my first bowl through it today, that it was a surprisingly good smoker.  Not much to look at, but I'm extremely pleased with the smoking qualities of this pipe.  Engineering seems good, and I threw a 9mm filter adapter in it.  I do believe that this pipe will continue to get a lot of use (god willing).  The seller had several cases of different calabresi models: rusticated bent, rusticated straight, smooth bent, smooth straight.  The prices are RIPE for the picking...In a bunch of different shapes.
Hope everyone had a great week!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:05 am

There you go! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

Enjoy your new T. Cristiano for many years to come cheerscheerscheers they are great smokers and last a lifetime. I also own 3 T. Cristiano Fatta A Mano pipes....means hand made in English. Stunning briar and NO fills!!  I see another Cristiano in your future at those prices....lol

I've purchased 2 different Cristiano Canadian style pipes for $22.00, great pipes at a fabulous price. The seller, Ron purchased cases at a cheap price. He' a nice guy to do business with and two of my pipe buddies also purchased Cristiano pipes from him. 

PS
BB, that's a nice looking pipe you purchased. 
KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:45 am

I also have bought several pipes "that I could take anywhere without worrying about the weather, or beating [them]up." Funny how these often turn out to be among your best smokers, and you become protective of them--thus negating the reason you bought them in the first place. If I attempt to buy another, I'm going to make sure it's damn ugly and loaded with fills, just to keep me from falling in love with it. Might work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks gents.

I had read in a recent thread here on BoB that several of you had Cristianos that you were pleased with, so I figured I'd play follow the leader.

I must admit that I got a little carried away with buying "big name" pipes for a while, with a price tag to match. I think that my ego was more concerned with impressing others than my wallet would allow. It's apparent that I have work to do in the humility department. While they do exhibit excellent quality, style, and workmanship, I find myself concerned about leaving the house with them and having to baby them perhaps a bit more than I am capable of or desire to. There are many times when function trumps form.

I really appreciate the fact that many of you have enlightened me to the fact that I don't need to impress, and that there are many affordable pipes that are world-class smokers.

Thanks for the positive responses. I do believe that there may be another one in my future.

Have an awesome weekend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi   Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:34 pm

T. Cristiano hand made pipes are also worth every penny!! Mr Cristiano passed away at the age of 54 in the country where he was born, Italy while on vacation. This maker/carver was one of the best of our times!!  If you come across a Cristiano Fatta A Mano at a good price grab it, but it has to be from old stock.... he passed away a few years ago. Just be carful of the Chinese clones, they are out there. 
You also have a wonderful weekend  cheers cheers cheers 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ebay Score on Calabresi Metamorfosi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1