HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 am

At least I assume it's not real celluloid.  But it sure does look nice. That amber color plus the silver filigree, which is quite well done, gives the whole thing a stunning look.  So far it's my favorite Chinese pen.

Add to the above a nice wet fine/medium nib, a cap that posts well...and REALLY snaps on tightly to close. The section also fits my hand very well, unlike the skinny sections of something like a Jinhao X250. This works well for me in all regards.

And it just looks SO nice.  It absolutely matches my black and amber Peterson...especially when it's wearing a wind screen.

These are $15 from His Nibs in the USA and about half that if you want to wait for the slow boat from China via eBay sellers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:03 pm

And I'm still waiting. 5)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:48 am

A month isn't unusual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:28 am

The pen I bought from China hit US Customs in a matter of days. The delay is in our customs process. It's been sitting there for some time.

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:27 am

We'll see...the worst is over then. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00 am

That is indeed a fine looking pen!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:03 am

Yes, we're sure US Customs is enjoying it. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:51 pm

I actually have 2 packets sitting in customs, one from China, one from England. The China packet has been there for 8 days, the England packet 3 days. Will be interesting to see which clears first. My experience with customs has been that there's no rhyme or reason to their process. Some things sail through unnoticed that should be at least charged a small duty, other extremely benign and low value items seem to be scrutinized ridiculously and held up. It's like playing spin the wheel.

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Customs..."Process? We don't need no stinking PROCESS,"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:18 pm

I've got two orders still bobbing on the high seas. Are those Chinese tracking numbers worth a flying 他媽的?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Your experience will help us make a clearer evaluation of that question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Ah, well, tracking informs me that the pen from England has left customs but the pen from China still languishes there. Wonder why that is?

Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 pm

Seeking reason will divest you of yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:39 pm

In this world, of course you're right scratch

Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid   Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:00 am

Funny. The pen from England left customs a day before the pen from China, but the China pen has arrived and the England pen is still out there somewhere "in route to destination" scratch

Bookworm Pen has filigree and pseudo celluloid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1