HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How about chicken?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: How about chicken?   Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:33 pm

Tonight seemed like a good time to have chicken Cordon Bleu. Let's see how it goes....

Not pictured is the unfortunate task of relieving two roosters of their tether to this mortal coil. The bulk of them went to the freezer, but company was impending, so I collected some eggs and veggies, dug up some Pomme de Terres, and went to it.....

Grab a chunk of sharp goat cheese and some cured ham, slice, dice and grate... Separate the egg yolks from the whites. (Yolks for Hollandaise sauce, the whites for meringue on the lemon pie later.)

Clarified butter.. This will be handy later..

Work the whip on the sauce while the oven does it's work.....

Hope the sauce doesn't fall out. Dammed tablet....

Veggies blanched in spring water and Tarragon..

Dish up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How about chicken?   Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 pm

OW, your dinner looks sensational. Cooking was always a passion of mine and I did fulfill a dream and owned a restaurant in Europe on the Island of Malta for a few years. You've got that passion to try new ingredients to Old recipes, let's just say " you kicked it up a notch "! 
I'm sure your dinner was delicious.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How about chicken?   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 am

Looks superb. The open bottle of wine during prep tells me that you're my kind of home cook. If I am cooking, I am drinking. Nothing finer than sipping on some wine or a good beer while preparing an evening meal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How about chicken?   Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:42 am

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Looks superb. The open bottle of wine during prep tells me that you're my kind of home cook. If I am cooking, I am drinking. Nothing finer than sipping on some wine or a good beer while preparing an evening meal.

Yah well, it is part of the Hollandaise sauce recipe, and as it had been a freshly opened bottle, it needed to 'decant' and, um, breathe. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Well OK, a glass to taste and loosen up. Oh, and one to toast the success of the Cordon Bleu assembly. End won two grit the gusts. Maeby enuthr to hve fro desert tew.......

Back to top Go down
View user profile

How about chicken?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1