HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

My Lords,
Anyone knows who manufactures Russ's blends? Would it be Lane or Sutliff? Or another manufacturer?
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Russ Would know, and he's a member here..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Lord Guyrox wrote:
My Lords,
Anyone knows who manufactures Russ's blends? Would it be Lane or Sutliff? Or another manufacturer?

Isn't it C&D? That's what I've been led to believe.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Russ's H&H WhitKnight and BlackHouse are in my top 12 favorite blends. 
Im sure Russ would have the correct answer, I only know of two rumors and I don't like too also spread rumors.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Lord Guyrox wrote:
My Lords,
I think Sutliff did and Lane ltd does now. CI/P&C/Lane Ltd are a part of STG/Orlik. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, Lane ltd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 am

My recent tins from the last 6 months states Lane LTD.  I just looked. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Well, in that case, my tins of Fusilier's Ration must be older than 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Excuse me, Your Lordship... How did it come to pass that you are now named "guest"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Ozark Wizard wrote:
Excuse me, Your Lordship... How did it come to pass that you are now named "guest"?

Good luck finding that out. I was wondering too. Unless there's been a mistake, he is now a "non-person" and exists only in the Twilight Zone. Felonious commentary, and all that. They come and they go, and the sun also rises.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Must be another glitch in the software, or maybe by tomorrow we will ALL be guests...lol

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lysander

Registration date : 2014-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 am

This thread shows me how little I know. I thought that my beloved Black House was blended by Russ at Pipes and Cigars.
Didn't know that they dont have a blending operation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 am

Lysander wrote:
This thread shows me how little I know. I thought that my beloved Black House was blended by Russ at Pipes and Cigars.
Didn't know that they dont have a blending operation.
Russ has always develops the blends but I don't think even when P&C was NY pipe shop before the sale they always outsourced production. I think it done by was Sutliff for years. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Yup, it was Sutliff for years as some of my older tins state. I have a few with NO manufacturer other than sold by P&C on the label and a few with Lane LTD also. But I must say the blends have stayed consistent. Both WhiteKnight and BlackHouse are in my top 12 favorite blends. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:48 pm

I haven't bought any tinned HH in a while. Are the actual tins the same as when Sutliff processed them only with a different manufacturer's label? Or are the tins themselves different?

There are a few HH blends that I enjoy, but I always thought the tins (Sutliff) were unfortunate - 1.5oz of tobacco in a tin larger than the 2oz tins used by C&D.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm

The only H&H tobacco's I've purchased is WhiteKnight and BlackHouse. Those are the normal thin tins. Similar Dunhill Nightcap size. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blendtobac

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Here's the straight dope:
All H&H was originally blended by me, but tinned by C&D. When the volume got to be too large, we had to farm out manufacturing. C&D couldn't source a lot of the tobaccos I used, but Sutliff was willing to, so we moved manufacturing to them. Lane now makes some because they were also willing to use the tobaccos that I do, and since we're now "family", we were asked to move some of the manufacturing to them. Sutliff still makes a number of the blends, including the ones that are pressed, because Lane doesn't have the equipment. Some of the RO Series blends are made by Daughters & Ryan, because Mark has unique tobaccos not available elsewhere. It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

Russ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:21 pm

What he said... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Thanks for the info, Russ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Always great to get the skinny from the source. Thanks for weighing in on this Russ. And here is the salient point-

It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Always great to get the skinny from the source. Thanks for weighing in on this Russ. And here is the salient point-

It may seem complicated, but this is the best way to make sure that the integrity of the blends is properly maintained.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Yuppers, I dig that. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:12 pm

We as a community are most fortunate to have Russ amongst us!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Who Manufactures Hearth & Home Tobaccos?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1