HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Finished another pipe this morning...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:51 pm

For me to enjoy. Already smoked this pipe twice in one day ( sipping ) to slowly break the briar in. It's a piece of aged over 50 years, Algerian briar that had many pits/flaws in the briar.  I hand rusticated the briar and finished off the shank with teak wood. The stem is caramel striped hand cut acrylic. Hard to see in the pictures, my attempt was to create light and dark contrasting colors in the briar, which in hand you can see much better. So far extremely satisfied with the way it smokes. Now will let it rest a few days.  
7 1/4" long Canadian style pipe. Bowl height 1 7/8" with a 7/8" diameter chamber hole
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Cripes, there's some folks turning out some great pipes on the BoB. That's a beautiful craggy looking number!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Thanks STICK, you just named the pipe for me:

The Craggy Canadian 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Splendid!

One feels rather smug now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:21 pm

You should be in charge of rustication at Peterson's. Some may like their current production, but I think it's crap, strictly basket pipe city. Typical example below. Now look at yours. Am I right or wrong?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 pm

Very nice. The Billiard is a hard shape to get right and you did a nice job of it.

Congrats.

Todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:03 pm

RICHARD BURLEY: the difference is mine is hand rusticated where Peterson pipes are basically done by a computer program, other then some of their hand made pipes, which I'm not sure they make anymore. I know what you mean by " basket pipe city "! 

Todd, from you that's quite a complement considering your skill level. Appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you ALL who commented so far. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Wonderful work Ted. Really great!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Crafty

Registration date : 2013-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Looks good! I can't wait to get back in the shop to make some pipes. Between work and mechanical issues in the shop I haven't had a chance to make much lately! 😫
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Very crunchy looking! How did you do that?

Hope it gives you many great smokes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Finished another pipe this morning...   Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 pm

OW, I used my trusty Dremel with the extension and a medium etching bit. I was able to create contrasting colors in the briar with light and dark stain.  It's a great smoker and already broken in, the briar was over 50 years old. Appreciate your compliment.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Finished another pipe this morning...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1