HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bow Hunters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:26 am

How many bow hunters do we have here and what's your hunting setup?
Right now I'm using a Hoyt Carbon Spyder FX
Just grabbed a Hoyt Nitrum as well.
Planning to grab a Hoyt ProDefiant when I go back home again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:22 am

I did. Shot in the professional level for a time before I discovered tournament bass fishing. My choice of equipment was Ben Pearson 2300, 2301, and 4400 series bows. Tried Hoyt, and Precision (back when they were in IL). But I shot the Ben Pearson the best. You might not recognize them. All high-end round wheel bows.

If you look over my shoulder you can see a couple of my deer. That 16 pointer was the NFAA Diamond Buck for 1981, and would have placed #22 in the Pope & Young Typical Whitetail list at that time.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:29 am

That's a heck of a buck Carlos. One day I'll have one that size....I hope. My avatar pic is my biggest whitetail so far. Not my biggest animal, but my biggest whitetail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:58 am

That's one heck of a buck! Very Happy

I bowhunted for quite a few years using an off the rack Bear compound with a 70 pound draw. Bought it in the late 90's. It served me well enough hunting the river bottom for blacktails, and even hunted elk in Idaho with it. I quit hunting about 10 years ago but am considering getting another bow and using it as a reason to roam around up in the Sierra Nevadas again. There's a bow I was looking at last fall, had adjustable Bowtech cam system, I think it was branded Diamond? Anyhow, I may get back into it this summer. There's an archery club with a nice range just 15 minutes from here.

kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:03 am

Yeah the Bowtech Diamond Infinite Edge I believe is what you're referring to. Adjustable draw weight and length. I think they are around 399 or so new if I recall right. I saw a Mathews Creed XS that was a year old for 650 recently. Lots of options out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:50 pm

I have a Bear compound bow that's been around for God knows how long. Now a days I don't shoot much though. Not if I don't have to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:47 pm

I used to shoot all the time. Indoor 300 rounds. Outdoors Field, Hunter, Target, and 3D. I should look at getting back into that. But I am spending all my outdoors time mowing grass or shooting rifle and pistol.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

PostSubject: Re: Bow Hunters   Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 pm

I shoot as much as I can. Had a buddy get me into 3D shoots. Mostly I just try to sling some arrows every day to keep the practice up for hunting season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bow Hunters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: