HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Signing Up Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Signing Up Problems   Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:07 am

We have had a few problems with some new users not being able to sign up for BoB.  I think that it has to do with Forumotion's SPAM filter system.  There is very little information about it.  The problem almost seems to be at random.  If you have a gmail address with a . in the username.  Or perhaps a yahoo domain.  There could be others.

What happens is, you do not get to see the Captcha verification.  You cannot get past that. Let's add to this.  Check and see if you are running a script blocker.  Adblock Plus, Ghostery, Script Blocker, etc. may all block the pop-up Captcha thing.  Disable the blocker for the short time you need and try again.

Try another email address.  We have users with the . in a gmail username.  We have users with Yahoo domains.  Why one fails and the next works is a mystery.  But apparently that does not work for everyone.  

I may also see another way to do so.  But it is going to take a little coordination to do it.  Contact me at my email quarksbar at frontiernet dot net  If we can bounce emails back and forth we can probably get you signed up.  We have tested this and it works.  It's just timing.  I will turn the CAPTCHA verification off when I know we are both in front of the computer.  If I create the account.  You would never be able to change your password.  Same CAPTCHA verification thing again.

Why CAPTCHA?

Quote :
The captcha is a visual or audio challenge to the user to prevent bots and automated scripts from accessing the services protected by it.

It is valuable for:

forums that want to prevent spambots/adbots from signing up

One other thing. If you email me, make sure my replies do not end up in your spam folder. You will almost certainly get a reply within a few hours at most. I gotta sleep. When I do not hear back from some folks for days, it makes me wonder what happened. scratch

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Signing Up Problems   Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Roughly three like this in a week's time. Makes me wonder just how many other people fail to get registered and do not see this thread. Or do not know someone to ask, so they can get some help to get signed on.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Signing Up Problems
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1