HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My RD Pipes Devil Anse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:14 pm

By pipe maker/carver & craftsman Ron Powell. So, can you tell I'm extremely happy with this pipe! The draft is spot on and NO gap between the shank and stem. I can't say that for my $600.00 Tom Eltang Devil Anse pipe I received from a Dr friend from NY for the past holiday season. This RD Pipes Devil Anse will be smoked within a few days once I absorb its beauty more! I am overwhelmed by the design and workmanship that went into this pipe. I will be posting a few pictures within this thread on the day I take it out for its first test ride, might even be tomorrow if my John Patton tobacco I ordered Thursday arrives sometimes today, with the PO one never knows. This pipe will be dedicated to my John Patton Burley Blends.  Here is a picture of this stunning pipe while still a virgin......

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Hard to go wrong with one of his pipes. If my TAD wasn't so out of control I would have one of his Canadians by now...

Nice acquisition! Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Thanks OW, the quality & craftsmanship is just unbelievable. It's worth putting a few bucks aside every week or month in my case and eventually get your hands on one of Ron's Canadian pipes. He put his heart and soul into making this Devil Anse, and it shows. Plus he's a gentleman to deal with and one that takes pride in his work. Hard to find someone with these qualities now a days!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Thanks OW, the quality & craftsmanship is just unbelievable. It's worth putting a few bucks aside every week or month in my case and eventually get your hands on one of Ron's Canadian pipes. He put his heart and soul into making this Devil Anse, and it shows. Plus he's a gentleman to deal with and one that takes pride in his work. Hard to find someone with these qualities now a days!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Indeed so, on all counts! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Fantastic that you were able to receive this Ted. Ron's pipes are indeed special. For all the reasons you noted!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:32 am

Congratulations on your acquisition, Coyote!  This sure is a beauty.  I had been admiring it myself when it was posted.  Glad it found a good home. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:43 pm

So, after just 3 smokes it's time to post two pictures and my thoughts. The draw is effortless and perfectly balanced for clenching. In all honesty I much prefer smoking the RDPipes Devil Anse over my $600.00 Tom Eltang Devil Anse! After a slow break in period I can see this pipe in my steady rotation, it smokes that good. This pipe will be dedicated to my John Patton's Burley Blends. Thank you Ron for crafting the perfect Devil Anse pipe cheerscheerscheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

What can I say, your welcome sir.
Hope it continues to be a great smoke for ya. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Looking good there LC, Sir. Yup, that sure is a handsome briar. Congrats both!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My RD Pipes Devil Anse   Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
So, after just 3 smokes it's time to post two pictures and my thoughts. The draw is effortless and perfectly balanced for clenching. In all honesty I much prefer smoking the RDPipes Devil Anse over my $600.00 Tom Eltang Devil Anse! After a slow break in period I can see this pipe in my steady rotation, it smokes that good. This pipe will be dedicated to my John Patton's Burley Blends. Thank you Ron for crafting the perfect Devil Anse pipe cheerscheerscheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You look very contented smoking that lil' Devil Ted! And ya, Ron has the engineering thing down pat. Not to mention the finish and attention to detail!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

My RD Pipes Devil Anse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1