HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 A condor moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 pm

I had a chance encounter this week with an old acquaintance. A chap of more senior years, he was the Padre for the organisation I used to work for and, as I discovered back then, he was also a man of the briar. On the way home from work last Friday I swung by our local Co-op (think Walmart) and there he was queuing at the dispensary, still in his work attire. As I hadn't seen him for a while I thought I'd catch up so stopped for a little chat. It was great to see him looking so well and true to form he had a briar in his pocket. Turns out he was queuing to pick up a packet of his favourite blend; Condor. At this juncture in our conversation a wry smile tweaked the corner of his mouth and he leant a little closer... 'you know Stick, I was here last week dressed as I am now and when I asked for a packet of Condor the girl behind the counter give me a 6 six pack of condoms. I can't imagine what she thought of me'.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

avatar

Age : 52
Location : Mark Twain National Forest, MO
Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:54 pm

5)

A man of the Cloth being offered condoms. That would have been great to see........

Great stories happen anywhere, eh?

Thanks Stick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

avatar

Age : 44
Location : Northern, CA
Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Awesome... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Mate, you could have said "there might be snow on the rooftop but there's still fire in the furnace".

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!

Wink


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

avatar

Age : 65
Location : State of Confusion
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 pm

That's funny!! Next time ask for condoms and you will most likely get Condorlol!lol!



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

avatar

Age : 70
Location : Split between Raleigh, NC and OKC, OK
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 pm

"A chap of more senior years!!!" I gotta' remember that one!!!! Razz Razz Razz cheers FTRPLT of more senior years!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

avatar

Location : Sokcho, South Korea
Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am

Good story!
As a man of the cloth I guess he can only rely on the ready rubbed...ahem.

Do you ever smoke Condor Stick?
Don't think I ever heard you mention it but sounds like its readily available for you.
To many its like a nectar of the gods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Psmith wrote:
Good story!
As a man of the cloth I guess he can only rely on the ready rubbed...ahem.

Do you ever smoke Condor Stick?
Don't think I ever heard you mention it but sounds like its readily available for you.
To many its like a nectar of the gods.

Eh up Smudger, now that really made me laugh!

Condor... Mmm, now that has really made me think. If I'm honest I don't ever recall trying it but as you say, perhaps as it's so available here in Blighty, perhaps I should. If it worked out I'd have a ready supply only 5 mins walk away. Now that has appeal!

I'm being lazy now... what baccy bracket does it fall into? Taste and flavour?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Stick wrote:
Psmith wrote:
Good story!
As a man of the cloth I guess he can only rely on the ready rubbed...ahem.

Do you ever smoke Condor Stick?
Don't think I ever heard you mention it but sounds like its readily available for you.
To many its like a nectar of the gods.

Eh up Smudger, now that really made me laugh!

Condor... Mmm, now that has really made me think. If I'm honest I don't ever recall trying it but as you say, perhaps as it's so available here in Blighty, perhaps I should. If it worked out I'd have a ready supply only 5 mins walk away. Now that has appeal!

I'm being lazy now... what baccy bracket does it fall into? Taste and flavour?

It's basically a Lakeland David. Think old ladies perfume. Some like it, some hate it. That said, Condor doesn't seem to have as heavy a dose of it as some others.

Might be worth the cost of a pouch, and if it's too strong in the "L" factor you can always cut it with something else.


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Stick

avatar

Age : 47
Location : 'Blighty'
Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Stick wrote:
Psmith wrote:
Good story!
As a man of the cloth I guess he can only rely on the ready rubbed...ahem.

Do you ever smoke Condor Stick?
Don't think I ever heard you mention it but sounds like its readily available for you.
To many its like a nectar of the gods.

Eh up Smudger, now that really made me laugh!

Condor... Mmm, now that has really made me think. If I'm honest I don't ever recall trying it but as you say, perhaps as it's so available here in Blighty, perhaps I should. If it worked out I'd have a ready supply only 5 mins walk away. Now that has appeal!

I'm being lazy now... what baccy bracket does it fall into? Taste and flavour?

It's basically a Lakeland David. Think old ladies perfume. Some like it, some hate it. That said, Condor doesn't seem to have as heavy a dose of it as some others.

Might be worth the cost of a pouch, and if it's too strong in the "L" factor you can always cut it with something else.


Cheers,

RR

Thanks Rande. I reckon I'll be grabbing myself a packet of condoms condor next time I'm in the Co-op then. I'll give anything a whirl once. Let's hope it doesn't prove too embarrassing at the check out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Laramie, WY
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:19 pm

David, make sure you're ready to clean the heck out of whatever pipe you try it in. Some folks will tell you it will ghost a pipe for a very long time. Odds are one bowl won't be an issue but better safe than sorry.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

avatar

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Condoms get people in lots of trouble.
When I was working a fellow from the UK asked a secretary if she had a rubber.
While there was a lot of snickering we later learned that he was asking for an eraser.
He was originally from Denmark and his son's first name was Coon.
While I am not sure of the exact spelling, I am sure that is a topic for another post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

avatar

Age : 64
Location : Near the Emerald city
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A condor moment   Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:15 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
David, make sure you're ready to clean the heck out of whatever pipe you try it in. Some folks will tell you it will ghost a pipe for a very long time. Odds are one bowl won't be an issue but better safe than sorry.

Jim

Yes, very true Jim. Glad you brought this up.

I've tried it myself through the courtesy of Adam, and though I'm L-averse I didn't find Condor off-putting with the scenting. It was there but not pronounced. Need to go back and find where I put it and give it another whirl, perhaps in a meer.


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
 
A condor moment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My precious moment
» New Arrival
» I just need a space .
» Adoption Poem: Daydreaming
» how do you define junk food?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: