HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My turn - IPSD TAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: My turn - IPSD TAD   Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Just a small order for me today to take advantage of the P&C discount:

4x50g McClelland Brindle Flake

As luck would have it, IPSD falls on a regular meeting night for the Cleveland Pipe Club, so I'll probably grab another tin or two from the B&M where we meet later.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: My turn - IPSD TAD   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 pm

A straight Virginia broken flake that's a good smoke. I use too also smoke the original. Great choice, age for a while and enjoy!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My turn - IPSD TAD   Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:59 am

I always place an order to celebrate IPSD.  (at Smoking Pipes.)
I got a couple of cases of pipe cleaners and a pound of Haddo's Delight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: My turn - IPSD TAD   Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:41 am

Lonecoyote wrote:
A straight Virginia broken flake that's a good smoke. I use too also smoke the original. Great choice, age for a while and enjoy!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

This year I'm trying to focus on smoking as many of the "a tin of this, a tin of that" things I've accumulated over the years - to figure out if I'm sitting on something I'd like to stock up on, or if a blend is best left for others so I can focus on cellaring what I know I enjoy. This was the third "oddball" tin I've opened this year, and it's a winner (I don't have the tin in front of me, but I think it's three or four years old).

And yep - the new ones will go right into the cellar and I probably won't look at them again for a few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: My turn - IPSD TAD   Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Quote :
This year I'm trying to focus on smoking as many of the "a tin of this, a tin of that" things I've accumulated over the years - to figure out if I'm sitting on something I'd like to stock up on, or if a blend is best left for others so I can focus on cellaring what I know I enjoy.  This was the third "oddball" tin I've opened this year, and it's a winner (I don't have the tin in front of me, but I think it's three or four years old).

And yep - the new ones will go right into the cellar and I probably won't look at them again for a few years.

That is the sort of forward thinking I don't quite seem capable of sometimes. Very Happy

Of course, I'm relatively new to the cellaring thing, so a lot of my tins right now are one-offs. I wonder if they'e any good?? Guess I'll have to open then and find out!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com

My turn - IPSD TAD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1