HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:03 pm

The other day was IPSD or to the unknowing International Pipe Smoking Day. It was a day pipe smokers would celebrate their pipes, have a TAD or PAD attack and possibly do something about it.

I hadn't planned to do much more than to celebrate by smoking my Mark Twain MM Cob with some aged Esoterica Tilbury but it ended up quite differently.

While on the Smoking Forum a fellow brother of the pipe placed a glorious Castello Fiamatta in shape 55 up for sale, a magnificent pipe in its own right but this was very special in that it had crushed rock used for the adornment where it meets the stem.

So to fulfill the idea behind IPSD, and the fact that my birthday is the 24th of the month, I broke down and purchased it. I won't have it by my birthday but it should be here by March 2nd which would have been my dear Levi's 13th birthday when I will celebrate his life and having shared so much with him for the time we had together.
banjo

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm

May you smoke it in good health, and with many fond memories of Levi. (And Happy Birthday, in advance) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Banjo, glad to see you on here!! Enjoy your new pipe and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the 24th cheers cheers cheers

To many more years of health and happiness.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Good to hear from you! Nice pipe, and happy birthday in advance! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 pm

What a fine reason to pick up a new pipe. You do his memory proud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Great pipe, great tribute to Levi, and a great occasion for you Mr. Banjo. May you have many more!

sunny

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:58 am

Well the Castello arrived and I expected it to be a Castello Fiamatta 55 with crushed rock adornment but it's a Castello Collection Fiamatta K grade with stone adornment 55, a higher grade than I expected, what a treat!
banjo
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:19 am

Banjo, glad you got a good surprise, you deserved it. God is watching over you!! Enjoy and be well.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

Thank you and I heartily agree with you. Here I am enjoying my first smoke of F&T Special Brown Flake and it is a fantastic smoke, cheers.
banjo

Lonecoyote wrote:
Banjo, glad you got a good surprise, you deserved it. God is watching over you!! Enjoy and be well.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:51 pm

WOW, another stunning pipe for your collection. Enjoy a few bowls today, be well.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance    Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:10 pm

A perfect example of the Rolls-Royce of Italian pipes, to my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

For IPSD, my birthday and remembrance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1