HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Specs-

It measures 8-1/2"L x 2-1/6H x 1-5/8"W with a 7/8" chamber 1-1/2" deep weighing 72 grams.

So ya, this is obviously our own Ron who created this one-off Dublin/long Canadian at my request. I was very impressed with his other long Canadians and wanted to have somewhat the same thing, but with a Dublin bowl.

Ron responded that he'd never carved a Dublin bowl, but reckoned he could. And, he pointed out that he normally doesn't take commissions.

I'm very honoured that he took up my request and carried it through to my complete satisfaction. It has all the elements I wanted- -

Dublin bowl
Long shank with the bling stem adornments
Red Cumberland bit
His signature finish

I've 3 other RD pipes and Ron's engineering has been spot on in each and every regard. I'll be looking forward to smoking this as soon as it arrives. It's a whole new direction for me, as I'm primarily a bent pipe guy. Yet the attraction of a cooler smoke due to the extra length has much appeal. And I like the Dublin bowl shape.

Ron told me that he still doesn't take commissions, but one could always ask first.  Wink

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:20 pm

That's a stunning pipe there BD, a real looker.

Cheers

Tim

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 pm

Shocked

Awesome! Top notch for sure...

I like the length of the stem too...

(jealous)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 am

Wow! What a looker! You can light that thing with your arm fully extended. May you enjoy many fine bowls with her.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:39 am

I don't know who Ron gets to make his pipes for him but he's bloody gifted isn't he?
I mean it can't be Ron 'cause he's always telling us what a crap pipemaker he is!
That Pipe is a stunner!!

note - Ron, No. 5 is still alive and well and smoking wonderfully.

Adam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:07 am

Definitely Dublin envy, what a gorgeous pipe! Smoke it in good health.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:14 am

That is a beautiful pipe. I have never seen a Dublin Canadian before, but i really like it.

Ron, you knocked that one out of the park!

Todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:30 am

Beautiful. His finish work on the briar is really special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cold Smoke

Registration date : 2016-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:18 am

WoW!
Want!
Just. Wow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:36 am

Rande, that's a real stunning pipe for sure. Ron's pipes are extremely well crafted and the draft hole is spot on. The Devil Anse pipe Ron made for me is one of my top three favorite pipes, that's saying allot.
Enjoy your new pipe for many happy and healthy years to come cheers cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:59 am

An Irish Canadian? With a Cumberland bit? Double bling bands? No way. Can't be done. Won't work.

Huh? Oh...RON carved it?  Well, that's OK then.

DAMN, he just works it out so well. What a guy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 pm

Just received today. Here's what I told Ron-

Just received, and all I can say is WOW!

Damn Sam, this looks even better in person. I'm floored at the finished product as held in the hand. Really brother, this is some kind of Magnum Opus.

All the great finish work is in much evidence, perfect fitting of the many parts that made this, not a flaw anywhere. Thick walls, spot-on drilling, love the bling accents (they fit and flow well), and your signature stain and finish. Quite impressive.

Really Ron, this is a very fine pipe in all ways and one I'll be looking forward to breaking in. Thanks so much again my friend for taking this commission on.

rabbit  Cool  sunny  cheers

Cheers,

RR

So there you have it!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 pm

It's a dang museum piece. How can you bear to smoke it? How can you not? OMG! It's a trick...get rid of it or it will be your doom! Quick, send it to me. I'll save you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:54 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
It's a dang museum piece. How can you bear to smoke it? How can you not? OMG! It's a trick...get rid of it or it will be your doom! Quick, send it to me. I'll save you!

Ja ja, alvays mit ta chokes!

jocolor

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Und you...always mit de PIPES!

Seriously, you're going to treasure that one. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:09 pm

That is an awesomely beautiful pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?   Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Beautiful! Smoke that sucker!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hey Mom, this followed me home. Can I keep it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1