HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New pipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: New pipe   Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 pm

a little small bowl flat sided pipe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 am

Is that hole in the side (third pic) a sand pit? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:43 am

Latge Mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Good looking pipe you've got started there Travis. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:41 pm

It blew up grrrr starting over!! Danforth knots
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Sorry to hear that buddy! Keep plugging away though I'm sure you'll end up with another really nice one.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:54 pm

I threw this one together after the one exploded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Looking good! Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm

trick is to get people interested in woods other than brier on here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:18 am

arkansaspiper wrote:
trick is to get people interested in woods other than brier on here

Perhaps you might want to make a couple dozen of them and market them at you Farmer/Craft markets, that could generate interest and folks could handle them, and you can talk to them about your work. Sell them some bacon AND a pipe! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:07 am

Ya I'm on my 2nd nice one my wife was talking to me about getting equipped with everything to make stems. I'm not so sure. But I'll see it seems more involved than just Getting the stuff and do it but I need to learn if I'm ever gunna do it. I'm also looking at a few bench top buffers. I might make a bowl or something after this pipe. I tell you a latge is a God sent when makeing them. I can make one in 2 hrs roughly. Qestion dose briar really make a pipe worth any more and dose tge stem make it worth any more. I am sure I can sell them. I have to get some copper sheeting so I can add inlays and such each pipe is a learning experience . But I need advise on what people are looking for in a quality pipe so I can get better and better. I also will get picking up some polishing compound and one yall recommend. Dose any one ever get to makeing something look down and realize wow I got a mess that's what happned to me to day I was working and grabbing tools and just kinda realized damn the shop is wrecked. Any ways I'm rambling now sooo...
I hope some time one of yall take a chance on me buy one of my pipes and alow me a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: New pipe   Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 am

arkansaspiper wrote:
Ya I'm on my 2nd nice one my wife was talking to me about getting equipped with everything to make stems.  I'm not so sure. But I'll see it seems more involved than just Getting the stuff and do it but I need to learn if I'm ever gunna do it.   I'm also looking at a few bench top buffers.  I might make a bowl or something after this pipe. I tell you a latge is a God sent when makeing them.   I can make one in 2 hrs roughly. Qestion dose briar really make a pipe worth any more and dose tge stem make it worth any more.  I am sure I can sell them.  I have to get some copper sheeting so I can add inlays and such each pipe is a learning experience .  But I need advise on what people are looking for in a quality pipe so I can get better and better.  I also will get picking up some polishing compound and one yall recommend.  Dose any one ever get to makeing something look down and realize wow I got a mess that's what happned to me to day I was working and grabbing tools and just kinda realized damn the shop is wrecked.  Any ways I'm rambling now sooo...
I hope some time one of yall take a chance on me buy one of my pipes and alow me a chance.  

Yes, briar usually makes a pipe worth more. It's a denser wood which makes it less likely to burn out. And yes, stem material can also affect a pipes worth. The most common materials for stem making are ebonite/vulcanite and acrylic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New pipe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1