HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New meaning to board meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: New meaning to board meeting   Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Endured 4.75 hours of meeting with vendors, support teams and others to coordinate this year's Pioneer Heritage Days, coming in October. A new venue seems to have everyone's panties in knots and there were those who wanted to 'expand' into more current day stuff. The idea was to have late 1800's living and technology shown and reenacted as accurately as possible. For reasons unknown, more 'mainstream and profitable' pressures have come to bear, and the original folks are up in arms against the young blood stepping up. As vice president and chief moderator I had to find a middle ground. Listen to each side and make the call. The more I heard and the longer it went on, the greater the desire to pour petrol over myself and light a pipe.... Another meeting is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. I must remember to eat before I go. Maybe a big bowl of Grape Ape afterwards...

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New meaning to board meeting   Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:20 pm

I can sympathize with. I have endured many project meetings that have gone for 2-3 hours with only 5-10 minutes that had any barring on my scope of work. Nothing more mind numbing in the world.

Last edited by Eric Furgeson on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: New meaning to board meeting   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:50 am

If you need a lumber jack let me know.... not for the venue... but my axe is very convincing and helpful to settle tifts....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New meaning to board meeting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1