HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RDPipe Straight Bulldog (SOLD)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: RDPipe Straight Bulldog (SOLD)   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Well, Ron done axed me my thoughts on this pipe (yes, I'm the one who stole it) upon receiving it. I would say that the bulldogs in my collection are the most eye-arresting pieces on my two racks, and that this pipe is the prettiest and has by far the best workmanship of the bunch. The "rings" are flawless, for example--something I've never seen on a bulldog. The most striking thing for me, though, is the way it feels in the hand, the balance, the proportions. The pipe just begs to be smoked, and smoked a lot, and I intend to indulge her. The problem is, what should I choose for tobacco?

I knew I wanted this pipe as soon as I laid eyes on it--so what seems strange to me about this pipe is that it violates many of "Rick's Rules" for bulldogs. Rule #1: No saddle bits. Rule #2: shank must taper slightly, increasing in size from stem to bowl. Rule #3: Bowl must tilt forward slightly. So this pipe has a saddle bit, parallel shank, and the bowl is erect as the Sphinx. Dunno, the interplay of angles or something makes it all work, and I love the damn thing. It's a Jungian gestalt type of thing, ain't it? The pipe is greater than the sum of its parts, in other words, and maybe I don't know so much. Rick's Rules need amending or tossing. And this pipe will henceforward be my Gestalt pipe. Thanks, Ron. It will be smoked tonight. So how will it smoke? Ask me 50 bowls from now, but I have a hunch it will smoke Just Fine. Wink

Jungian gestalt ? Big words for such a small pipe.......at least in comparison to what I have been known to make.
I'm no scholar and had to Google it and what this mind could comprehend it's referring to a Psychopath of sorts?
Well, I reckon I'm a bit of one, so it stands to reason my pipes would have a little bit of me in them.
I'm so glad you like it Rick and I'm sure it'll perform for you flawlessly but, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns.
Enjoy sir. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: RDPipe Straight Bulldog (SOLD)   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 pm

I knew it. I knew it from your first post Richard. You were pre-destined to receive this. Don't ask me how I knew. I just did. Wink

And what a wonderful pick-up it must be for you, lucky dawg. Ticks all the boxes, and the results justify. Very Happy

Smoke her in good health Rich. You scored big time!

cheers

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
BWHutchins

Registration date : 2017-04-16

PostSubject: Wonderful work   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Your pipes are amazing. I hope to purchase one shortly.

Regards
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: RDPipe Straight Bulldog (SOLD)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:26 pm

BWHutchins wrote:
Your pipes are amazing. I hope to purchase one shortly.

Regards

Thank you sir
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/

RDPipe Straight Bulldog (SOLD)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2