HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi everyone. Each month my pipe club meeting features a tobacco tasting and raffle. I'm looking for suggestions for tobaccos to bring in for upcoming meets.

The group tends towards English and Balkan blends, but almost anything non-aromatic would fit the bill.

Also, for April & May, any blends that fit the Springtime theme would be fun.

Alright, have at it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:35 pm

I hear Arango Balkan is pretty good. Allegedly, it is a Peter Stokebye blend. Light English/Balkan. Gosh, there's tons of stuff you could bring!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:20 am

Ozark Wizard wrote:
I hear Arango Balkan is pretty good. Allegedly, it is a Peter Stokebye blend. Light English/Balkan. Gosh, there's tons of stuff you could bring!

Don't I know it, OW! That's 99% of the problem. So much to choose from!
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 am

The Balkin Supreme is amazing. When smoked its very heavy on the incense but I find that appealing. Pricing is great if you can find it in stock.

You could go for the obvious and try the Kramer's blends from smoking pipes.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:03 am

I recently had a sample of Lane Crown Achievement and really enjoyed it! Just had a classic ring to it and had plenty of character. I think it's the best Lane Tobacco in production.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric Furgeson

Registration date : 2016-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:20 pm

I say really shake things up and go with an areomatic like C&D Nutty Irishman. Show everyone that areos can be good smoking as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Get a tin of Hearth & Home BlackHouse and share the pleasure!! Boy am I stocked up on this blend... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:31 am

huffelpuff wrote:
The Balkin Supreme is amazing. When smoked its very heavy on the incense but I find that appealing. Pricing is great if you can find it in stock.

You could go for the obvious and try the Kramer's blends from smoking pipes.

Jim

Thanks Jim. SmokingPipes.com has a Wessex Balkan Supreme in a tin and the Arango Balkan Supreme bulk. Are either of these the Balkan you're talking about?

Back to top Go down
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:47 am

ontariopioer

This best describes the H&H BlackHouse I highly recommend:

The winning blend from the Chicagoland Pipe Show 2011. We're proud to introduce Black House. This blend is a tribute to a great tobacco of the past. Made for the 2011 contest it was judged to be the closest overall to the dark balkan-type mixture it was designed to emulate. For you Virginia Heads it's loaded along with Kentucky, Balkans, Turkish, and even a smattering of Black Cavendish.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:49 pm

The Arango Balkin Supreme was the one I was talking about. It's a really amazing smoke. My wife says it smells just like the incense used by the Catholic church in their services. I really should get off my butt and order some more of this one.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:40 pm

It has been implied that Arango's Balkan Supreme and Peter Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme are one and the same. Some reading for your consideration.

As I have no personal experience with either blend, I cannot offer an accurate opinion.........

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/so-pampc-does-carry-peter-stokkebyes-balkan-supreme#post-677233

http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/arango-or-peter-stokkebye-balkan-supreme.47773/#post-1243136
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 pm

I was alway under the impression they were the same. Just made under contract by or some such nonsense. Either way it's great stuff.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?   Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:17 am

I'd bring in one of three John Patton blends from 4 Noggins:

1. Oriental Dusk
2. Crossroads
3. Dark Horse

This is my desert island trio...my favorite tobacco blends of any in the world. Note: I once asked Rich to make an adjustment to an existing Patton blend (replaced the Latakia in Soulmates Kiss with cigar Leaf) and #3 above was the result...later named in my honor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1