HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gus

Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:45 pm

I comisioned this set to Ser Jacopo pipes, I've been looking for one for a while, and in the end I've decided and bought the complete set, Ser Jacopo Leonardo S2

I am an unconditional fan of the Italian pipes (In my collection most of the pipes are Italian, Luigi Viprati, Ardor, Lanatra, Baldo Baldi, Paolo Becker), and Ser Jacopo is one of them, since in 2015 I visited his workshop and saw how it was the manufacture, my love for them has only done more than grow

Apart I have many other German, Danish or British craftsmen and some Russian, but the Italians are the majority along with those of Spanish craftsmen, of course, Rafa Martin, Jose Rubio or Felix Masso

I decided on the sandblasted S2 finish, I really like the sandblasting of Ser Jacopo and the walnut color it has

I hope you like it, the images may not be very good, they sent me from Italy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Very impressive indeed there Gus. I especially like the metal rim treatments! Silver, I take it?

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Gus, stunning pipes that you will be adding to your growing addiction. The TAD & PAD never leaves a pipe smoker. Congratulations on your new acquisitions....cheers cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:39 am

Beautiful! Very Happy

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:31 am

Very desirable, attractive pipes. I, too, like the SJ sandblasts. I have a couple, much plainer, and they smoke very well. The metal rim inserts are for appearance, protection--and perhaps something else? They look more engineered than usual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:42 pm

In the truest sense of the exclamation...OMG!

Individually each of those would well be the pride of someone's collection. As a trio...unbeatable. Congrats. Excellent and refined taste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Most impressive, Gus!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gus

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Very desirable, attractive pipes. I, too, like the SJ sandblasts. I have a couple, much plainer, and they smoke very well. The metal rim inserts are for appearance, protection--and perhaps something else? They look more engineered than usual.

To see if I can explain it and understand

To the decorative part, which is evident, cover a chamber of air around the contour of the bowl, it is assumed that this makes the pipe does not get hot just and favors a smoker cooler

We will see when you have them and try it

With an image you will understand better

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gus

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you all for the good comments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2   Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Gus wrote:
Richard Burley wrote:

To see if I can explain it and understand

To the decorative part, which is evident, cover a chamber of air around the contour of the bowl, it is assumed that this makes the pipe does not get hot just and favors a smoker cooler

We will see when you have them and try it

With an image you will understand better

That's very interesting and informative Gus. I've never seen the like of it, but it does go a long way in grasping the concept. Thanks for posting this, and I look forward to your reviews of the smoking characteristics.

That's also a very complicated drilling arrangement on the shank.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com

A set of Ser Jacopo, Leonardo set S2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1