HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Just received a special delivery on a Sunday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:29 am

What a nice surprise!! A Dr friend of mine for MANY years is in the middle of thinning his pipe collection ( he wants to add some custom made to his collection ) and sent me a real nice gift. It's a Ardor Urano Fantasy Bent Apple with a Silver band marked DR . He only smoked this particular pipe twice since 2008 and knows I'm a fan of both Ardor and Radice pipes. Just called and thanked him and he said " in the near future I have a few more to send you, I'm having 2 pipes made for me as we speak, more to my liking "!                                                                                              Has not been a good week for me but starting off the new week much better...... cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am

Your doctor friend is cool, and that's a very likeable pipe. Looks like it would be very handy (as in handles well), looks good to boot, and I would be tempted to smoke the living hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:52 am

What a great friend and a great pipe. Congrats Ted!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Thank you Richard Burley & Rande

Looking forward to smoking this new to me pipe next up! This same Dr friend sent me a Thomas Eltang Devil Anse for the past holidays of December 2016. We've been friends for 30 plus years.... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gus

Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Great friend, amazing pipe

I a fan of Ardor pipes, I have only 16, and a new next month, I comisioned to Damiano one of his pipes

Enjoy with good health

PD All Ardor pipes marked DR, are initials of his name, Dorelio Rovera (father) Damiano Rovera (son), never change this mark
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:42 pm

GUS

Appreciate the good wishes. Being a fan of Ardor pipes for many years I knew that the initials DR was for Dad....Dorelio Rovera. I own 2 pipes signed by him and need to smoke them more....lol. For when the day comes I drop dead my pipes would be sold, while I'm still warm...lol. So, what I really need to do is add a number of my pipes too my WILL real soon.
Have a great week and be well, Ted

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gus

Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Well, tes, It is, but Damiano today marking The Ardor pipes with a DR, the DR is a simbol and signature for his family
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Thanks Gus, the son follows on the family name. The way it should be, respect.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Lovely!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:35 pm

Very nice!

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:49 pm

You have two gifts, one in your friend and the other in the pipes he's sent, enjoy them with many fond memories.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Nice, very nice !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Like that pipe, I do. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonanzadriver

Registration date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Hubba hubba!

Love that shape and the texture is out of this world, not to mention the beautiful rim on the bowl and the silver band.

That thing is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Just received a special delivery on a Sunday   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Ardor pipes are always beautiful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Just received a special delivery on a Sunday
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1