HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Drowning in Documents

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Drowning in Documents   Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Contracts................ Forms..................... Lists...................Quarterlies.....................Annuals.....................
Attendances......Policies............................Revisions..........................
Invoices.......................Applications......................Rules................................

Diplomacy.

5)

Had to edit. Forgot schedules................

(sigh)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:03 pm

OW

It's time you take a break and enjoy a few bowls of your favorite tobacco's. Don't burn the candle at both ends!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:22 pm

I feel ya same here. With the death of my grandpa and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:23 pm

None of my bee's wax of course, but is this to do with April 15? Feel free to tell me to MYOB!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Brewdude wrote:
None of my bee's wax of course, but is this to do with April 15? Feel free to tell me to MYOB!

Cheers,

RR

Actually, my personal taxes are done. Those were easy.

Some of the issues were the businesses I dabble in. Most of the hair pulling is re-enactments, festivals, city counsels and Chambers of Commerce folks. Lots of trees gave their lives to provide all the documentations, receipts, and contracts.

Whatever happened to handshakes and people living up to what they commit to? I could build a house with this stuff. Crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Yeah. I got into the habit of keeping a daily to-do list. It rarely helped. . . . A lot of it was pay this or that bill . . . Check to be sure this bill is actually mine or hasn't already been paid . . .  Find out why certain deposits aren't showing up on the damn bank statement (ans: timing) . . . Why is the new health care provider mailing bills to the old insurer? . . . Make sure documentation for next year's IRS deductions goes in the right file . . . Oh, look, another air bag recall notice #€)?&@XYZ . . . This got tiresome, so I'm trying to be less nerdy and do the list on a monthly basis . . . Maybe I'll go to quarterly for some things . . . And everytime I need to talk to a human being, I get a lengthy phone tree that wants to know if I speak espanol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 pm

I've already had instances where I was danced about the hierarchy tree over the phone, and twice made a return call after travelling some distances to be at the actual offices while making the calls.

In their building.

On that floor.

Asking them to hold as I rode elevators or climbed stairs, walking down hallways asking where I could find 'so-and-so's' offices. I was armed with a bouquet of flowers and an Easter basket with a bow and that fake grass stuff. Nothing else. Amazing what get's you through security!

Great fun(sarcasm) to see them doodling, playing an online, and browsing their social media sites while telling me they were looking at the documents and telling me I needed to resubmit forms or forgot to sign something or other... I walked right up to them, and either spun their chair around or just cleared their desks with a sweep of the hand, sat on the cleared spot and looked them in their beady little eyes, while still talking to them on the phone.......

Business was hastily conducted both times. Both times to my eventual satisfaction. I also left with the flowers and basket. When asked by the front security guard at the state capitol building if I had trouble locating the person I was to see, I assured him that I did indeed find who I was looking for. He asked why I was coming out with my gifts. I told him I said I needed to SEE so-and-so. He assumed the gifts were for so-and-so.

So it seems one might have to go to great lengths to cut past the BS to get what one wants. It cost me a few flyer miles, some days of traveling, a flower arrangement and a basket. Cheaper than sending the attorney

The flowers look great in my living room..... They exude the sweet fragrance of victory....

Now to the filing, copying, mailing, inspecting, and yes, more diplomacy.... Two more committee meetings, a tour of a venue site with planners/designers, and a (shudder) Power Point presentation to whittle on........

I need to find someone to shear the critters this year, I most likely will not have the time....

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Drowning in Documents   Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

That's inspired ... Just inspired. I've been on the phone with "help desk" people with what sounded like dogs barking and group sex going on in the background. And they tell us that the computerization and phone trees are their "productivity tools."  Just do the damn job. Can't stand it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Drowning in Documents
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1