HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Update   Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Hey Family,

Arky texted me the other day to remind me to hop on when I have a moment. I have been on the mend, Im back working again, but have been keeping myself in check... not over doing it. Im back to meditating regularly and will be completing my Reiki certification before the end of May. I had a very happy tearful Easter... those who know me well, know that I was married at 18 ( before my current wife) . After the divorce, it was sooo difficult to see my step daughters. Well guess who walked into my home on Easter Sunday! My eldest daughter who I havent seen in over 3 years... An I missed you so much from both of us and a long hug left us both in tears. My eldest daughter is 18... and graduating next month with her high school diploma and her associate's degree. Even after she had left we were still texting each other till about 2 am catching up. She told me no matter what I will always be her Dad and that she loves me. My heart is brimming with pride and love for my kids. Im a lucky Dad to have such amazing kids!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Update   Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm

That's fabulous news about you and your daughter Alex, sounds like you're going well. Keep it up. 

Cheers 

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arkansaspiper

Registration date : 2016-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Update   Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Awesome man!!!! Glad your reunited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Update   Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:29 pm

"What once was gone has now returned", or something like that...

Very nice to hear, congratulations sir! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Update   Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 am

TO - now THERE'S a great Easter story.

Bless you both, now and always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: Update   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:47 am

Blackhorse, it was a big Easter miracle for me. Every day since I had to part ways with my step children I have second guessed if there had been a better way, Everyday I would think of them and hate myself more. It was such a huge relief for me... before I could get my apology out she had forgiven me and said that there was no other way that it could have been done. That we had missed alot of years but we have so many years ahead of us to make memories. Its such a huge weight that has been lifted from my shoulders. What makes it even cooler is when we were hugging we both reached out and grabbed my son ( her step brother) and drug him into the hug.... I have thought so much about life and my kids since that moment. My son, who lives with me, and I had a talk yesterday. I let him know I never take his constant presence in my life for granted, that I am so proud of the role I played helping him to become the great young man he is, that I love him dearly and that he is my most trusted friend. I also reached out to my middle daughter ( from first marriage) on social media letting her know if she ever needs me I am there for her and she is always welcome in my life. My eldest daughter let me know that her little sister does still love me, but is a phase in her life where she is the typical teenager and kind of self absorbed but that in time she will be back in my life as well. Its funny how life works sometimes... I look forward to the day all three of my kids and I can hang out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Update   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 am

Hmmm. Teenager? Self absorbed? Naw...never happen. lol

Heck, almost everybody I know is totally self absorbed. I think that as a species trait it likely plays a role in survival. It goes from passing on genes to being obsessed with how we look in jeans...or something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

PostSubject: Re: Update   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Update   Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Such a very cool and heart warming story. Thanks for sharing Alex.

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com Online
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Update   Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:00 am

Most Easter bunnies bring an egg or two. I recon you've come up trumps there Alex!

I'm dead chuffed for you old chap. Heart warming stuff indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Update
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1