HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Something Off My Chest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Something Off My Chest   Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:22 pm

I feel guilty not reporting something that happened to me last week while driving east on Rte. 6 in Troy, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. Standing on a curb, apparently oblivious to passing cars and the effect it would have on any impressionable children or pets in the vicinity, was what looked like a human, sex male, lighting up a pipe with complete nonchalance. And a match, I assume.

Reporting this to the authorities was my first impulse, but my having a lit cigar in my mouth at the time seemed hypocritical if not criminal, so I took the coward's way out and continued on my journey without looking back. I didn't want to get involved. Let someone else get the glory, and dance the moral high-step. It's the least I could do for humanity under the circumstances without discommoding myself. And I wanted to finish the cigar.

Seriously, it's been at least a decade since I've seen such depravity on display. Good to know, at least, that this act of insouciance (hope it wasn't defiance!) probably won't be repeated any time soon. Unless it's by me.

Anyone else had any recent sightings? (Blatant latents don't count, those who hide in "man caves" or whatever.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

The last time I was in Portland, Oregon, I saw folks lighting and smoking pipes all over the place. Glass pipes, metal pipes, hookah pipes. I think I was the only one smoking a briar at the time. A Falcon. It got more attention than the other pipes for some reason. Most said the smoke smelled like crap, and offered me other stuff that smelled like a dead skunk. The room note was terrible, but most of them seemed to be enjoying themselves. I'm guessing not a lot of them had smoked before, inhaling large amounts and coughing up lung tissue. I opted to stick with my Vintage Syrian.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:27 pm

You can't smoke in stores where I live.Most of them though have benches outside where those who would pervert today's youth can sit and smoke.Evil video games and Rap music are OK,but smoking a pipe is a stain on the moral fiber as a whole..I say off to the dungeon with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bonanzadriver

Registration date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 am

What has happened to us?

We, as a society have failed miserably.

I weep for our children.

Mine of course will be subjected to the embarrassment of visiting their father in prison, undoubtedly for the unthinkable crime of smoking a pipe or cigar, dare I say it.... In public. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
I feel guilty not reporting something that happened to me last week while driving east on Rte. 6 in Troy, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.

V proud of my old home county! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 am

I work and stay near Troy with some frequency, it was probably me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am

riff raff wrote:

Damn. I thought it was an unaffiliated, free-range pipe smoker. Don't think I'll count it, then, as a sighting equivalent to that of Bigfoot. Twilight Zonish, maybe--but those small PA towns have that aura anyhow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Something Off My Chest   Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Whoops, I stay near Troy NY, so it was a free-range pipeman!

Richard Burley wrote:
riff raff wrote:

Damn. I thought it was an unaffiliated, free-range pipe smoker. Don't think I'll count it, then, as a sighting equivalent to that of Bigfoot. Twilight Zonish, maybe--but those small PA towns have that aura anyhow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Something Off My Chest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1