HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

For you TADDYs out there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: For you TADDYs out there   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

FYI.... Got an apology email from P&C, offering 50 bucks off any order. Must be used by July. You must have a sign in with them, or it will not apply. AND you must use the apology email as a link to the site, or it will not apply.........

The rub.......

I have been monitoring their product lines. I noticed that the list is shorter, each blend is listed separately, rather than just by blend line. Also, though blends are listed, many are just plain gone, either out of stock or back ordered. Some blends have just been removed outright. It is like they were never there. MOST of them are post 2007 blends, or bulk offerings. I sense a disturbance in the Force.......

Anyhoooo, if you are inclined to take advantage of said discount, I personally feel it would be in your best interest to jump now, before all that is left is floor sweepings and 'seconds'.

I might also add, it is rather good of them to do this. With the Tobacco Ship listing to one side and ready to sink, this is a rather civil move on their part.....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: For you TADDYs out there   Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm still able to sort by brand/line, but it's definitely funky. If you go to the "shop by brand" tab, it pulls up this giant menu. Click on anything in blue, and it takes you to the brand line up (C&D, GLP, etc). It's unwieldy though, what with them breaking out all of the individual products (gray links) in the same menu. I'm sure it's to make things look grander and more expansive than they are, but marketing was never my thing, so who knows.

Anyway, yeah. Not impossible, but not very clean.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: For you TADDYs out there   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Yes, the blend line en Totum links are available still. It was that in the past instead of listing each McClelland blend, they listed just the manufacturer, and perhaps signature lines, but not each separate offering. It seems like selling a cartoon strip as a novel to me. Also, I used to buy Bagpiper's Dream from them, and it is no longer listed. Type it in and other stuff comes up, or 'no results'. There are others that have vanished, all post 2007 in 'birth'.

Who can blame them really. One can only imagine how many 'basket pipes' and other stuff they might get saddled with when the clock runs out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

For you TADDYs out there
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: PAD & TAD-
Jump to: