HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped   Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Some of you might remember I have been planning a trip to France mid-May. I'm taking my mother over to find her grandfather's WWI grave site in a small British cemetery near Vimy.

Or at least I thought I was, until I dug into the fine print of my travel medical insurance policy, which requires a 3-month period of "stability" for any pre-existing conditions. I had surgery for cardiac arrhythmia in December and emergency surgery to deal with complications of the first procedure in January. Plus 2 ER visits since, one in March and one on Easter Weekend. So I've been "stable" for about 11 days right now.

I could still go on the trip, but wouldn't be covered for any medical costs relating to my most likely cause of a medical emergency. Not a clever move, IMHO.

VERY frustrating, as we've been planning this trip since last July. Mom will be 77 this summer, so the sooner she can get overseas, the better her chances of visiting the cemetery. But I've been effectively grounded for the time being.

Thanks for letting me rant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Sorry to hear that. One should be cautious with one's health though, and it sounds like you might be risking another issue, with so many recent trips to doctors. Take care, and keep your plan to travel alive. The beach in Nice is more interesting in the summer months anyway. Just sayin'..........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject:    Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Thanks Wiz. Appreciate the support. Those beaches do sound enticing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:10 pm

That sucks Charles, but your health absolutely must come first. I think the older we get the more this means to all of us. While your 77 yr old Mum is important and should be, if you're at risk the whole thing implodes.

Chill and go later when you're stable, say I. Still sucks tho.....

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped   Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 pm

It might not be wise to take chances.Maybe if things so well you can go later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

May Trip to Vimy May Have to be Scrapped
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1