HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

Well, after resumingthe pipes after a 20 year layoff after my Beloved Balkan Sobranie 759 disappeared and dusting off my old Jarls and Savinellis, in th e last month I've accumulated about 25 tins of assorted wonderful leaves and bought 10 estate pipes pipes to restore; even found myself getting up in th middle of the night to catch an ebay find. I've gotten a full range of english/balkan blends ranging from C&D Byzantium and S.H. Exotique to C&D Super Balkan, with a few lovely GLP Englishes and H&H blends in the middle. Heavenly. I guess I'll need an intervention, but not yet. to paraphrase I believe St, Francis, " Please LOrd, make me chaste, but not yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Laughing You came to the wrong place for an intervention, sir. Welcome to the forum. Although I didn't quit pipe smoking, I also got ticked off when I could no longer obtain BS Virginia #10. (Marty Pulvers currently has four tins @$290 each. Suspect ) So what do you think of current offerings compared to your old favorite? I suppose something like Squadron Leader--in keeping with a theme suggested by your avatar--falls short?

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Well, thanks for the welcome. yep, given my prime passion, i had to try Squadron Leader. cyclops i like it. it's not far from sobranie, but lighter, with more subtle flavor I think. good in the morning before I've roasted my pallette with things like super balkan. So far, I think GLP Westminster and H&H White Knight are the closest. Got about 15 more to evaluate. Laughing Say, where's north coast NY--out by Montauk or on Lake Ontario?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Slowroll wrote:
I guess I'll need an intervention, but not yet. to paraphrase I believe St, Francis, " Please LOrd, make me chaste, but not yet."

That would be Augustine of Hippo.

Welcome back...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Ah, thank you for that Fr_tom. I wouldn't want to mis-attribute such a pithy sentiment. Embarassed And thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Don't come here looking for an intervention Slowroll. We're all enablers here!

bom

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Enablers, eh? well, I'll just have to succumb. Can't fight it. When my armoire is full of tobacco I guess I'll stop. that ought to do it, it's 8 feet high and 4 wide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Slowroll wrote:
Enablers, eh? well, I'll just have to succumb. Can't fight it. When my armoire is full of tobacco I guess I'll stop. that ought to do it, it's 8 feet high and 4 wide.

You'll never stop. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated....

rendeer

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Fri May 05, 2017 10:19 pm

I guess there's No 12 step program huh? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timbo

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Sat May 06, 2017 4:33 am

Yes there is:

Step one, buy more tobacco.
Step two, buy more pipes.
Step three, see step one

Simply repeat four times and you're done.Very Happy

Cheers

Tim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously   Sat May 06, 2017 10:29 am

Slowroll wrote:
...Say, where's north coast NY--out by Montauk or on Lake Ontario?

In the interests of your safe navigation while flying (I'm assuming you're a pilot), it's the Rochester area--or so local wags say. Pretty much a wasteland as far as brick-and-mortar pipe shops go, but in the '70s actually had a chain of them (Briar Route). Think they had four stores here, a couple or three in Syracuse, and maybe one in Binghamton. Anyhow, besides their house blends, Balkan Sobranie was front and center, White, Black, whatever. I liked the White, Black was over the top, but they were all exotic as hell. But then, I was a newbie. Those were the days, but so brief!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Sudden attack of PAD/TAD simultaneously
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1