HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

So what's your position on spiders?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: So what's your position on spiders?   Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 pm

As far away from them as I can get! lol!

I do my best to catch and throw 'em in the bushes if they're being a nuisance. No call for the death sentence for just being a spider.

-Yak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: So what's your position on spiders?   Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 pm

I quite like most of them myself! I won't allow a black widow or brown recluse to live but have no issues at all with any others. If they're in the way I'll relocate them otherwise I just let them be. I have had as many as 10 tarantulas as pets at a time and enjoyed playing with and handeling them on a regular basis. The only one I wasn't allowed to play with was an Orange Baboon Tarantula which people in the business of spiders call Orange Bitey Things. Super aggressive guys that can leave fang marks in a no 2 pencil. I'll pass but she was a lot of fun to watch.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: So what's your position on spiders?   Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 pm

One day decades ago, my missus and toddler daughter were motoring through a mall parking lot. Darlin' Dotter says, "Look mommy, a pidey." Sure enough, and right on the seat beside her. Mommy shrieks, jumps out of the car, and a passerby luckily jumped in, popped it in neutral, applied the emergency brake and killed the spider. Darlin' Dotter was unharmed. In her defense, my wife's brother used to alleviate boredom on the farm by using a stick to capture a bit of web with a fat barn spider on it and chase his sisters around the green house. Sooo, I take no chances. Spiders are given a fair trial, then executed. I have a response to the all life is sacred theory, though it has not won universal agreement. A positivist would note that God creates more spiders (snakes, wasps ...) than he could reasonably expect to live to a ripe old age. So it could be part of God's plan for us to cull (harvest? Ha ha) the excess, those being the ones that cross our paths and disturb the peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

So what's your position on spiders?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2