HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sifter Pouch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Sifter Pouch   Wed May 24, 2017 11:55 am

What the frig is a sifter tobacco pouch? I mean, I have one but what does it do? Or supposed to do? It's got two sections united at the bottom with a mesh thing. I use the inside section to stuff new tobacco in. The second section doesn't do anything that I can see. There are some fine crumbs of tobacco at the bottom, but not really enough to mention. Any pouch does that. Not liking that the second section adds bulk, for no reason that I can see.

Why doesn't someone make a good pouch? One that doesn't get stiff in cold weather if you leave it in the car. I had one, a Dunhill, but some &%#@ swiped it from my car in front of the St. Regis hotel in NYC. The thing looked great, felt great, and the rubber(?) lining was awesome. The one I have, besides being semi-useless, gets so stiff in the cold that I'm afraid to open it. Friggin' first-world problems!  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Sifter Pouch   Wed May 24, 2017 12:46 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
The second section doesn't do anything that I can see. There are some fine crumbs of tobacco at the bottom, but not really enough to mention.

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole point. Useless things, I think. I carried one for about a month then ditched it for the one I'd always used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Sifter Pouch   Wed May 24, 2017 2:29 pm

I have a couple of pouches that, while not bespoken as 'sifters', have a side zipper where you can put a very small pipe under the tobacco part, or, as I do, cleaners and Czech tool. Though it seems to be no leaks, I inevitably end up with almost snuff with the cleaners. I guess that makes it a sifter of sorts...

Alas, it also appears I get what I pay for, as when the ambient temperature gets below 60F I risk snapping the faux leather trying to open it, or the zipper just breaks. But hey, whaddyah want for 6 bucks? I have a sample pouch that had Modern Virginia in it from way back. It still works for my travel pouch, and has lasted longer and been through more than those. A rubber band holds it closed.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sifter Pouch
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1