HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Adam West, RIP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Adam West, RIP.   Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 pm

One of the top reasons I became a cartoonist was the influence that Adam West's Batman had on me when the show appeared on television in 1966. The first episode was a big event in our neighborhood, and reception we gave it was loud and energetic. I got to meet Adam West some years back, and when I told him I knew I would become an artist when I saw him as Batman, he smiled, leaned back in his chair with a smile, and said, "That's very refreshing to hear. Over the years, I've had a lot of people tell me they became a private detective or a policeman because of me, but this is the first time anyone has told me they became a cartoonist because of me." We chatted for about ten minutes. I'm glad I had the chance to tell him that, RIP, Adam.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Adam West, RIP.   Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Great story!

I think he got a bad rap at time for over the top acting, some would say cheesy, acting style.  That is too bad. I think alot of people did not understand that that was the way he was supposed to play that character.  All of the actors in that series played it up because that is the style they were going for.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Adam West, RIP.   Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Fight'n Hampsters wrote:
Great story!

I think he got a bad rap at time for over the top acting, some would say cheesy, acting style.  That is too bad. I think alot of people did not understand that that was the way he was supposed to play that character.  All of the actors in that series played it up because that is the style they were going for.

R.I.P.

Couldn't agree with you more. Right after Batman, he played a villain in an episode of The Big Valley, and was very effective and believable. I liked him in the Mavericks he was in, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Adam West, RIP.   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:30 am

An entertainment icon. Whether you loved him or hated him, everyone knew who he was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com

Adam West, RIP.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1