HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 105
Location : @ The Gym
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Well folks. It's almost that time of year again! The first New York Pipe Show of 2009 will be held at the Wyndam Garden Hotel in Newark, NJ on Saturday March 14th. As per usual Boston will be well represented. I look forward to seeing some 'BoBs' there too!


The hotel's website:
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/EWRAP/main.wnt
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:47 pm

I am thinking that I might try to attend Dock. I have family in Mullica Hill, NJ that I believe is about 1 1/2 hours or a little less away from Newark. I can stay with them and drive up to the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
skaukatt

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Queens, NYC
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:58 pm

You beat me to it, Dock.

I'll be there and hope to see as many of you fine folk as can make it there.

Sam Barnett, one of the organizers, usually posts a list of vendors, exhibitors, etc... on asp. March is usually one of the bigger shows for us. When I get some info I'll post it here.

Lou, NY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:46 am

Save yer coins boys!!!
Looks like I'll be hitchin a ride North w/ JP for the NY show!
Any other Southern B.O.B.s want to go? Let us know.
We can carpool and/or caravan (invade?) our way north of the Mason/Dixon, in order to share fuel & hotel expenses.
Yee Haa!!! cheers






Disclaimer: Any individuals agreeing to said excursion shall also agree to no consumption of legumes for the days previous to said excursion.


Last edited by EJinVA on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:44 pm

EJinVA wrote:
Save yer coins boys!!!
Looks like I'll be hitchin a ride North w/ JP for the NY show!
Any other Southern B.O.B.s want to go? Let us know.
We can carpool and/or caravan (invade?) our way north of the Mason/Dixon, in order share fuel & hotel expenses.
Yee Haa!!! cheers






Disclaimer: Any individuals agreeing to said excursion shall also agree to no consumption of legumes for the days previous to said excursion.

It should be an adventure for sure! I plan to swing through western VA and then on to NJ. We'll show them yanks a thing or two and elevate Dock's blood pressure! Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually, the highlight will be meeting some of our yankee brothers in person! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Dock
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 105
Location : @ The Gym
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm thrilled that you guys are gonna come! It'll be great meeting up with you confederates! Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Sounds fun but far too long of a drive for me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 38
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! :lol:
Yeah, be sure to wear the Stars & Bars proudly when you leave the hotel and wander through charming Downtown Newark. It's a clean, safe, tolerant little burg, and you want to make sure the locals know you're from out of town so they can welcome you properly!

_________________
"You know what's right with this world? Nothin'!"
-Oscar, "Grouch Anthem"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
Make sure you both wear something with the Rebel Flag so we'll know it's you! Laughing
Yeah, be sure to wear the Stars & Bars proudly when you leave the hotel and wander through charming Downtown Newark. It's a clean, safe, tolerant little burg, and you want to make sure the locals know you're from out of town so they can welcome you properly!
Here is a photo of us on our last outing, just so you'll know what to look fer.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 38
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Just make sure Granny has her shotgun. Actually, upgrade her to a Desert Eagle, if you really want the full Newark experience.

_________________
"You know what's right with this world? Nothin'!"
-Oscar, "Grouch Anthem"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Actually if you will notice EJ's avatar, it is a painting depicting a Union and Confederate soldier sharing tobacco and coffee during a cease fire period of a battle or during the winter months when there was very little fighting. They would visit each others camps to exchange tobacco and coffee. The confederates had ample supply of tobacco and the yanks had the coffee that the south couldn't get much of due to the blockades. Even during the terrible war of Northern aggression, the fight did not out weigh the brotherhood of the pipe!

Doc W. I have been through Newark before and I will proudly display my Confederate heritage. I am a member of the SCV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
JJPHOTO

avatar

Age : 42
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:09 am

JB and EJ - take a left and swing through Texas and pick me up? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jasonjohnsonphoto.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:39 am

JJPHOTO wrote:
JB and EJ - take a left and swing through Texas and pick me up? Very Happy

It would be nice to have a representitive from the Republic Of Texas with us.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:11 am

EJinVA wrote:
JJPHOTO wrote:
JB and EJ - take a left and swing through Texas and pick me up? Very Happy

It would be nice to have a representitive from the Republic Of Texas with us.

Here! Here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
docwatson

avatar

Location : Central Massachusetts and midcoast Maine
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Just happened to catch this thread after an absence due to family matters. I'll be there with a table full of new and estate pipes for everyone to view and I'm really looking forward to meeting the Brothers of Briar at this event. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. I'll also have some fine beverage that we can all share.
Very Happy Very Happy
Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Queens, NYC
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 pm

docwatson wrote:
Just happened to catch this thread after an absence due to family matters. I'll be there with a table full of new and estate pipes for everyone to view and I'm really looking forward to meeting the Brothers of Briar at this event. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. I'll also have some fine beverage that we can all share.
Very Happy Very Happy
Andy

I'll be sure to bring an empty glass and a full wallet! Sounds great, Andy!

Hope all is well,

Lou, NY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:29 pm

docwatson wrote:
Just happened to catch this thread after an absence due to family matters. I'll be there with a table full of new and estate pipes for everyone to view and I'm really looking forward to meeting the Brothers of Briar at this event. Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. I'll also have some fine beverage that we can all share.
Very Happy Very Happy
Andy

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
skaukatt

avatar

Age : 56
Location : Queens, NYC
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:53 am

We put an announcement for the event up on our club's website in case you need any further details. See it here:
http://www.newyorkpipeclub.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=415823&item_id=75413

Hope to see all of you fine Brothers there!

Lou, NY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
John Q

avatar

Age : 54
Location : Nutley, New Jersey
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:16 pm

I was at the last one in Dec 08 and anticipate this one as well.
Cheers,

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Can anyone supply us a list of pending vendors? or is it too early to know for sure?
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 105
Location : @ The Gym
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 am

EJinVA wrote:
Can anyone supply us a list of pending vendors? or is it too early to know for sure?

That list is rarely released til' the last minute EJ. From past shows I'd say that Smoker's Haven. John B.Hayes, Hermit Tobacco Works, James Island Piper, BAC Art Pipes, Ron Collter and Monjure International will all be in da' house. They'll be others of course but these folks seem to come to EVERY show in Newark
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:24 am

Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Can anyone supply us a list of pending vendors? or is it too early to know for sure?

That list is rarely released til' the last minute EJ. From past shows I'd say that Smoker's Haven. John B.Hayes, Hermit Tobacco Works, James Island Piper, BAC Art Pipes, Ron Collter and Monjure International will all be in da' house. They'll be others of course but these folks seem to come to EVERY show in Newark

Thanks Dock, I've never been to a pipe show and want to know what to expect (i.e. how much cash to bring Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:55 am

EJinVA wrote:
I've never been to a pipe show and want to know what to expect (i.e. how much cash to bring Very Happy ).

Lots!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Dock
BoB's Team
avatar

Age : 105
Location : @ The Gym
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:21 am

EJinVA wrote:
Danish_Pipe_Guy wrote:
EJinVA wrote:
Can anyone supply us a list of pending vendors? or is it too early to know for sure?

That list is rarely released til' the last minute EJ. From past shows I'd say that Smoker's Haven. John B.Hayes, Hermit Tobacco Works, James Island Piper, BAC Art Pipes, Ron Collter and Monjure International will all be in da' house. They'll be others of course but these folks seem to come to EVERY show in Newark

Thanks Dock, I've never been to a pipe show and want to know what to expect (i.e. how much cash to bring Very Happy ).

Last year I went with a whole lotta money and went home with barely enough cash to fill up my tank for the drive home! Laughing I was able to do this because I sold off around a hundred lower grades on e-bay for a couple of months leading up to the show. This year I won't be buying nearly as much. I do hope to ad a Brad Pohlman and a Jess Chonowitch. I'm also in the market for a new pipe lighter and some Hermit Tobacco Works tins to cellar away. This could all change if a Nana Ivarsson or a Kurt Balleby OO grade shows up. In that case there's always my gold card! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Counting down the days, 23, 22, 21......
Back to top Go down
 
NY Pipe Show March 14th 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Saturday 14th March 2009 : Colonial Game
» 4-Year-Old British Girl From Nottingham Killed By Car On Daytona Beach, Florida
» lorraine kelly to get her own show
» 8th Recce/ 14th Canadian Hussars Thread??
» Show Your Thanks to World War II Veterans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: