HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:20 pm

This board is made up up some incredibly kind and generous members. I was recently gifted this -

As you can see it's a Bjarne, and a very special one at that. Here's the back story from this generous individual-

This is a pipe that was made by Bjarne Nielsen ( pictured below ) back in 1990. He gave it to me as a gift when he visited the States (1994) and we met up for a few days. It's yet to be smoked!

There's more to that communication, but it would be best to keep it private as it gets much too personal and I'm sure he would not want it made public. I believe he'd prefer to remain anonymous.

In short, he saw that I was "a bent kind of guy" and decided to gift this incredible pipe to me. And knowing it's history as I do now, as well as the individual makes it all that much more special.

The pics are not mine and don't nearly do it the justice it deserves. The flame and straight grain are beguiling, the stem is thin and very comfortable, the button wide, the draw is effortless, the weight is light, and it feels great in the hand. Just my kind of shape. In Goldilocks terms, it's "just right". Very elegant, and it will take pride of place in my modest lil' collection.

Knowing the history of this pipe, including and especially seeing as it was made by Bjarne Nielsen himself, plus the very generous person who gifted it to me will forever make it one of my most treasured pipes. That he singled me out to receive this is a very humbling experience!

Again, this board never ceases to amaze me. I am truly not worthy!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm

What a great pipe, congratulations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puffy

Registration date : 2007-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:15 pm

That's a really beautiful pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alandadp

Registration date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:42 am

BD, if someone called me 'a bent kind of guy' I'd have clobbered him Smile
Which is probably why you have that beautiful pipe and I don't Razz

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:53 am

That's a very cool pipe, and great gift! cheers

Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 am

Wow!

Yup we got good folks on this board. Well done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 am

Pretty pipe; pretty damn generous gift.

You must be living right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psmith

Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!   Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Awesome!
Didn't John Lennon have a song called Instant Karma.

"Instant Karmas gonna get you
Its gonna knock you off your feet..."

Well there you go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The generousity of this board never ceases to amaze!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1