HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Old Joe Krantz White Label

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Old Joe Krantz White Label   Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:51 am

I've been smoking OJK for a number of years now and I like it a lot.

I've been made aware of the other Joe's as well now, never knew they existed.

I've ordered 4oz of the White Label, still waiting for it.

Can anyone give me some idea of what it's like, please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

avatar

Location : The Seventh Planet From The Sun...Uranus
Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Old Joe Krantz White Label   Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:17 pm

I smoked a few bowls a while back that a friend brought over. I noticed this blend had white ribbon cut tobacco in it. It had that Plum/Rasin taste which was very enjoyable. Where Old Joe Krantz is a good smoke from time to time, this White Label could be a very pleasant all day smoke. Nice room note with a pleasant after taste, as I remember.
Hope you enjoy once you smoke a few bowls.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

avatar

Location : North Carolina
Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Old Joe Krantz White Label   Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:06 pm

SpeedyPete wrote:
I've been smoking OJK for a number of years now and I like it a lot.

I've been made aware of the other Joe's as well now, never knew they existed.

I've ordered 4oz of the White Label, still waiting for it.

Can anyone give me some idea of what it's like, please?

Here's my review:
The white and dark burleys offer a bit of earth and nuts, some toastiness, a little molasses and bitter cocoa, and a slight sharp, woody rough note. They form the base of the blend. The grassy, citrusy Virginia flake plays a support role. The unsweetened black cavendish chips in with a little smoothing sugar. The raisiny, plumy, spicy perique is an important condiment that you notice in every puff. The taste and strength levels are a little closer to medium than they are to mild. No chance of bite, and has no harshness. The nic-hit is a mite closer to mild than it is to medium. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with fairly consistent, sweet, slightly savory flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a pleasant, short lived after taste. Is an all day smoke if you choose. Three and a half stars out of four.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Old Joe Krantz White Label   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 am

Lonecoyote wrote:
I smoked a few bowls a while back that a friend brought over. I noticed this blend had  white ribbon cut tobacco in it. It had that Plum/Rasin taste which was very enjoyable. Where Old Joe Krantz is a good smoke from time to time, this White Label could be a very pleasant all day smoke. Nice room note with a pleasant after taste, as I remember.
Hope you enjoy once you smoke a few bowls.



KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I thank you, my brother !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedyPete



Age : 73
Location : Cape Town
Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Old Joe Krantz White Label   Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 am

JimInks wrote:
SpeedyPete wrote:
I've been smoking OJK for a number of years now and I like it a lot.

I've been made aware of the other Joe's as well now, never knew they existed.

I've ordered 4oz of the White Label, still waiting for it.

Can anyone give me some idea of what it's like, please?

Here's my review:
The white and dark burleys offer a bit of earth and nuts, some toastiness, a little molasses and bitter cocoa, and a slight sharp, woody rough note. They form the base of the blend. The grassy, citrusy Virginia flake plays a support role. The unsweetened black cavendish chips in with a little smoothing sugar. The raisiny, plumy, spicy perique is an important condiment that you notice in every puff. The taste and strength levels are a little closer to medium than they are to mild. No chance of bite, and has no harshness. The nic-hit is a mite closer to mild than it is to medium. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with fairly consistent, sweet, slightly savory flavor. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires an average number of relights. Has a pleasant, short lived after taste. Is an all day smoke if you choose. Three and a half stars out of four.

Thanks Jim, much appreciated. I'm looking forward to smoking this baccy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Old Joe Krantz White Label
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» UK Goverment To Sell White Cliffs of Dover
» Madeleine McCann and the white van man
» Check out the "white only" laundramat. Obumba will not like it.
» Amber White -- Found Alive 7/21/10
» In the Spirit of 'White Guilt Month'...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: The Tobacco Jar-
Jump to: