HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

Here's my first cut at a big stack. 7 inches long, 2 1/2 high bowl ID 13/16. gave it a very small waist to give it nice hand feel and make it look less like a dowel on a shank. Great briar from Mark Tinsky at American Smoking Pipes, no flaws and great grain. Bored out very smoothly.

Fired it up after I took the pics, it smokes very well. the experts were right.  Make the draft open, smooth and straight, no condensation, no gurgle. I think I'll make another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:09 pm

That's a real beauty and well crafted. My type of stack and nice grain to the briar. Excellent choice of stain. The band and stem is not to shabby either. It's a pipe I would be proud to smoke. Enjoy for many years.... bounce cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 pm

[quote="Lonecoyote"]That's a real beauty and well crafted. My type of stack and nice grain to the briar. Excellent choice of stain. The band and stem is not to shabby either. It's a pipe I would be proud to smoke. Enjoy for many years.... bounce cheers

Thank you sir. I am indeed enjoying smoking it. Anxious to get to filling it all the way. My wife calls it a 2-pint pipe. Load a half tin a tobacco in it and b happy for a while! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Break it in slowly and that TANK will last for years. Looks like a great piece of briar which makes you king king king for the day!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 pm

Well done sir that is a beautiful pipe.

Regards,
Richard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Beautiful Pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:57 am

Nicely done, enjoy it for many fine smokes.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks men, appreciate the sentiment from a discrimination bunch such as yourselves. Smoking well so far. Couple more 1/2 or 2/3 bowls and I'll fill'er up ,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Very impressive, to say nothing for it being your first one! Dig that stain, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:41 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
Very impressive, to say nothing for it being your first one! Dig that stain, too.

Thanks, I like the stain too. I can't take any credit there, the grain was great, I just applied the stain and polish, voila, it looked good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 pm

That's one fine stacked billiard. Well done! cheers

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Satisfied PAD--finished my first pipe construction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1