HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'll probably never understand....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

KevinM wrote:
Slowroll wrote:
I've always thought that if second hand smoke was such a problem then no one living in any city would live long because of all the foul †bus exhaust fumes and the noxious output of all city politicians.

I once saw an estimate that living in NYC was the equivalent of smoking two packs a day. Sounds made up to me, but who knows . . .

Our puny contribution to all that with our pipes is insignificant indeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm

KevinM wrote:
I once saw an estimate that living in NYC was the equivalent of smoking two packs a day. Sounds made up to me, but who knows . . .

Living in Elisabeth NJ is far worse then NYC, according to statistics. Breathing in the noxious fumes from the gas and oil storage tanks made me choke when I use to drive past on the NJ Turnpike.
All that smoke is the AIR is NOT steam, as the Governor of the State once remarked 5) 5)

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D.L.Ruth

Registration date : 2018-10-03

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:47 am

I know this is an old post but, during the week I do two bowls a day. One on the way to work and one on the way home. During weekends it is how ever many I feel like that day, usually 2-4. I just don't have time at work to smoke. Hopefully after retirement (in a short six years) I'll be able to get to a point where I can actually smoke in the house, we are always renting since we are in an area for 2-3 years at a time. Weather here up north only allows a short window of good weather to smoke outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:16 am

Yeah, I have to slow down a bit on my pipe smoking.† I smoke about 4 to 6 bowls
a day.† My taste buds are shot.† Last night I had some pizza for supper and it didn't
even taste good. Although, the beer tasted fine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: outdoor piping. Some pipers donít like outdoor smoking for various reasons but, as a New Englander, Iíd opine that going outdoors with my briar only requires choice of a spot that is somewhat sheltered, especially if the wind is stiff. I donít find this too challenging a task, perhaps because I have many spots already picked out on my own property. I also keep my eyes peeled for other nice nearby smoking havens. Just up the road is a handsome New Englandy church with a treed lot behind it complete with a picnic table and a basketball net where youngsters often have a little game of h o r s e going. A bit farther up the road is another church with a nice wooded area with paths, stations of the cross and a bench at each station. Beautiful in Spring and Fall. Itís only drawback is I feel obliged to limit myself to bottled water, not a can of cold beer. Yes, I think indoor smoking can provide more taste, but Iím not keen about parking my butt indoors and watching The View on the teevee or some other miserable, agitating garbage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I'll probably never understand....   Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:51 pm

KevinM wrote:
Slowroll wrote:
I've always thought that if second hand smoke was such a problem then no one living in any city would live long because of all the foul †bus exhaust fumes and the noxious output of all city politicians.

When i lived in Atlanta an medical guy I was talking too said he tests people to see if they were smokers for life insurance companies. He said the scale changed based on where you lived inside or outside the city. I asked if I tested as a non-smoker living in Atlanta what would I be out in the country and he said 2 pack a day smoker.

Unreal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io

I'll probably never understand....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3