HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 am

And I must add... well done Don!! These two XL Kirsten bowls look simply gorgeous. Appreciate all the time and effort you put into crafting these two beauties. The first bowl is an XL Apple Morta bowl. Huge chamber for a Kirsten pipe...WOW!!
The second is an XL Freehand Tulip bowl....not only a looker for sure, but the deepest chamber I've ever seen on a Kirsten bowl. Both bowls are a work of Art and look even better in hand. Don, your an amazing craftsman!!!  Thank you, both bowls will be smoked once I arrive back home.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:03 am

Now that's a bowl cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:34 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
Now that's a bowl cheers

More like a bowl and a half!

Shocked

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 pm

The Morta is lovely but the Tulip bowl is surreal, enjoy them both.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:52 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
The Morta is lovely but the Tulip bowl is surreal, enjoy them both.
banjo

Don's work on these two bowls simply astounds me! They look great pictured, but in hand just unbelievable....superb craftsmanship.
Appreciate ya'lls comments.

I could not wait to get back to Clayton, so I removed the hardware from the bowl I restored and will be enjoying the Tulip 🌷 bowl a bit later.
   Here is a picture...

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 pm

You might wish to adjust the higher portion of the Tulip forward allowing it to act like a wind screen to prevent any chance of burnout, regards.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Banjo, appreciate the tip, will do. Will also slow air flow a bit. Did not light 'er up yet.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Whoa, those are epic! As a Seattleite I really should invest in a Kirsten one of these days...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:01 pm

GrandpaGrossbart wrote:
Whoa, those are epic! As a Seattleite I really should invest in a Kirsten one of these days...

Appreciate you taking notice and your comment. I have many different metal pipes but I must say..." I'm enjoying the HELL out of this Kirsten  pipe "! With the BENT SYSTEM the pipe smokes like a reverse Calabash, cool smoke. Don Warren's designs and craftsmanship on these two bowls is second to none! I'm breaking in the Tulip 🌷 bowl in slowly. It will be an excellent smoker!! The Morta bowl looks heavy but is extremely light.
When your ready I can hook you up with the gentleman from Florida that sold me the Kirsten with the Straight Stem and Bent System. He was a pleasure to do business with, superb communication also over the phone. Cost me $99.00... cheers

I also own a custom made Don Warren poker pipe with the chamber made to my specifications. It's one of my top ten favorites smokers. Where can you get a custom made Morta pipe for under $200.00!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:

Yes, this. Next visit to downtown I'll be stopping in at the store. The Don Warren Morta bowls are a given!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Ted I'm not much on anything Morta but that tulip shaped bowl is stunning. I wouldn't mind having one like it for my Kirsten. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 pm

AJ, Morta smokes excellent usually. Did you have a bad experience?

Would you like Don's email address. Mention my name and I'm sure he will make you a custom 🌷 🌷 Tulip bowl at a very reasonable price.
It's breaking in fast with no added taste. I've not smoked the Morta bowl Don made, but I will say that the Tulip bowl he made is my favorite already over my Kirsten bowls. That's saying allot... cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
AJ, Morta smokes excellent usually. Did you have a bad experience?

Would you like Don's email address.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Ted Meers and Mortas just don't do it for me. I'll take briar, cob, Osage Orange over any other material. I'd appreciate having Don's email address. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived   Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 pm

AJ

PM SENT

I do really enjoy my briars but also a good Cob and definitely Morta and Meer. But, everyone has their likes and dislikes.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My custom made Don Warren XL Kirsten bowls arrived
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1