HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fallsguy

Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Let us know whether it's a couple times a week, or 20 times a day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Into my 49th year of pipe smoking and still look forward too my next blend to enjoy. Depending whether I get sleep on any particular night my pipe enjoyment can be from 11 too/as much as 17 bowls a day. In the past I've done 19 a few times but it's a bit much. Need the old taste buds too rest Twisted Evil

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Workdays get one bowl at night (or a cigar)
Weekends may get three bowls (or cigars) per day
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Most days 7-9 bowls a day however when I'm bothered with insomnia the numbers climb. One day within the last couple weeks I got up around 5:30 in the morning and didn't go back to bed until 9:00 AM the following day. During that period I smoked 18 bowls of tobacco. It took me three days to clean and polish all the pipes I used. Rolling Eyes

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 pm

I have no average number, all depends on the WX/temps. Lately two or three in the late afternoon/evening. Nice temps, maybe more. Hotter than hell or colder than a well diggers azz, none! Lots of you guys pump out more in a day than I do in a week!! Another reason my TAD days are over!! I'll probably never smoke all the 'baccy/cigars I have accumulated!! But I'm tryin.' cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm

I do from 4 to 6 or seven a day.depending on mood and what I'm doing, 99% lat blends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Slowroll wrote:
I do from 4 to 6 or seven a day.depending on mood and what I'm doing, 99% lat blends.

Sure, Lat blends are good but expand your horizon and also try a few Burley blends. Like John Patton's Storm Front, Solani ABF, also an old codger... Carter Hall...especially aged a few years in a Mason jar. HH Old Dark Fired is basically a pressed Burley with a nice touch of Virginia's.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:49 pm

2 bowls/day M-F. Weekends it may be 3/day. More than that my palate is compromised.

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t35568-i-ll-probably-never-understand

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Few bowls a week. Used to smoke at least 1 bowl a day, 2-3 bowls on weekends, but then my children got a little older and I have no time to sit around and enjoy a pipe.

In the meantime, at least my tobacco is getting a bit of age on it. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Brewdude wrote:
2 bowls/day M-F. Weekends it may be 3/day. More than that my palate is compromised.

Just wait until you retire, your tobacco consumption will double. Try using the gravity drop and slight tamp with your finger since you have a sensitive palate, might help. Much cooler smoke. That's one reason I can smoke as much as I do with no tongue or palate issues. The firmer you pack your pipe the more restricted it is and your baccy will get much hotter as well as the briar. If I smoke a blend that's to moist I will get what I call " a snake bite "! Can burn like HELL

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Can't say how many bowls I smoke since I'm too lazy to count. Some pipes I smoke have bowls big enough for two pipes, so in my case, gram weight might be a better gauge. I know a guy who only smokes cobs, and he smokes about 12-14 a day, but if he was smoking briars or meers, that number would likely be lower. Doesn't matter, he's happy with what he does, and I'm happy with what I do, which is what it's all about anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Fazby wrote:
Workdays get one bowl at night (or a cigar)
Weekends may get three bowls (or cigars) per day

Subtract the parenthetical cigars, and that's pretty much my smoking habits as well

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:36 pm

One-2 bowls per day, 2-4 times a week, depends on the weather.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:02 am

Up early again so today can be a BIG day of enjoying more then normal.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 am

I am on the lighter end of the spectrum I guess. I seem to average 4-5 bowls a week at the moment. That may expand a bit with daytime bowls after school starts up and I've got the house to myself again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
swhipple

Registration date : 2013-05-02

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 am

On work days I usually only smoke one bowl in the evenings. I smoke 2 to 4 on my days off. The count mostly depends on what I have to do that day and the weather since I smoke outside. Too hot or too cold and I smoke less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:00 am

2 or 3 bowls a day as I sip my daily Dram of single malt. If I'm
celebrating a particularly good day of killing weeds, I may opt
for a second Dram which requires filling more Bowls Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Zero to six. I also smoke stogies, do a little snuff, and even an occasional chaw. Once a year, seriously, I might have a cigarette cadged from my brother, who, seriously, smokes about one a day...or so he says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SpeedyPete

Registration date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:51 am

For me it's more a case of how many bowls do I FILL per day than how many do I SMOKE per day Laughing

I work from home and therefor I can/may smoke in doors and as much as I like.

I re-light all the time because I work while I smoke and I smoke while I work. Take a few puffs and put the pipe down just to re-light a couple of minutes later. I don't really like it this way but that's how the cookie crumbles. I prefer to fill a pipe and sit back and finish the bowl. But, as you all know, our work always interferes with our pleasures

So, I might fill 10 bowls but only smoke about 5 ....the rest goes down the drain.

To answer the question.....I guess I smoke about 4 to 6 bowls per day

I'm grateful for this thread. I've just realized that I'm in a rut which I've tried to avoid all my life. Smoking the pipe should be a pleasure, not a habit.

So, as from this very moment, I'm changing my habit to a pleasure lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:22 am

SpeedyPete wrote:
So, as from this very moment, I'm changing my habit to a pleasure lol!

Excellent thought and great move on your part cheers cheers

Always smoke a pipe for pleasure, didn't know of any other way.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GrampaGrossbart

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 pm

...Meanwhile, over here on the other end of the spectrum I frequently go months without a pipe. Hope I don't have to renounce my membership!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 pm

swhipple wrote:
On work days I usually only smoke one bowl in the evenings. I smoke 2 to 4 on my days off. The count mostly depends on what I have to do that day and the weather since I smoke outside. Too hot or too cold and I smoke less.

Great looking hat, where in NC do you live?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:24 pm

1-2 bowls a day weather permitting (I only smoke outdoors and Winter really puts it less than that).

Sometimes on weekends I'll go 3 bowls but that is very, very rare. I think the most I smoked was 6 bowls in one day. My teeth and tongue felt like they were wearing sweaters and my mouth was as dry as a cork lake.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 pm

GrampaGrossbart wrote:
...Meanwhile, over here on the other end of the spectrum I frequently go months without a pipe. Hope I don't have to renounce my membership!

No of course not. Not that I'm in any position to judge, mind. Wink

Brewdude wrote:

Lonecoyote wrote:
Just wait until you retire, your tobacco consumption will double. Try using the gravity drop and slight tamp with your finger since you have a sensitive palate, might help. Much cooler smoke. That's one reason I can smoke as much as I do with no tongue or palate issues. The firmer you pack your pipe the more restricted it is and your baccy will get much hotter as well as the briar. If I smoke a blend that's to moist I will get what I call " a snake bite "! Can burn like HELL

Ted, not so sure about that. And I say this based on my consumption on my days off from work. After retirement I really don't see this changing. But we shall see!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Probably 4 a day. Some days though it goes more. Like today. Driving, diving, driving.......

Chaining 'em up! Pondering mostly, some just to hold my mouth right........
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next