HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fallsguy

Registration date : 2012-02-18

PostSubject: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:47 pm

1 to 5?

5 to 10?

10 to 15?

15 to 20?

20 or more?

(This doesn't pertain to tobaccos that you have stored for future use. It pertains to how many you have open that you regularly go back to on a regular basis).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

As of right now I have a total of 17 different tins and/or Mason jar tobacco's in use. Sometimes the number is a bit higher.

Nope, counted nothing that's in the cellar.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:54 pm

10 to 15. Smokin' em all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 pm

I have seven jars, one of which was just emptied, and soon will be refilled. I also have one pouch sitting by the jars. So, six right now.

Other times, all seven may be in service, plus a tin or two sitting on their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Too many!

jocolor

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

11, about 7 in fairly constant use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

20 or more.

I mostly smoke from a group of eight Fido bail top jars, but I am always smoking tobacco from a load of 1-2 ounce samples that I keep in various small 4 ounce Mason Jars as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Most of the 20 or so I have opened, I have tried once or twice, and will not likely regularly smoke again. I just started a tasting journal, so I will go through everything that I have again and put into 3 categories :

1. Nasty-ass crap to get rid of/give away to the guys in the pipe club (well, I would hopefully trade a beer for a tin) Laughing

2. Keep around for something to smoke once tobacco is banned.

3. Regular rotation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:00 pm

13 jars

2 tins

2 pouches

cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Don't rightly know but it's a bunch. 5)

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

For me it's

2 jars of bulk
3 tins
KISS IT Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Typically fall into the 1 - 5 bracket but am currently at 6.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 pm

For years it was never more than two or three. All of a sudden I'm up to ten jars open. Making it a point not to open another tin until a jar gets emptied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 pm

glassjapan wrote:
For years it was never more than two or three. All of a sudden I'm up to ten jars open. Making it a point not to open another tin until a jar gets emptied.

That's  because  there's  soooo much great tobacco out there it's  hard to resist trying 'em all.  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:53 am

Well, with what was just gifted to me I now have access to 19 different blends opened. This will be a heavy smoking weekend cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 am

I dunno, but it's always more than 20. My record was 157.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lestrout

Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:24 am

LOL Jinx - gotcha beat! (A dubious distinction, to be sure).

hp
les
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:29 am

I wish I could smoke that much to even consider that many open tins. I wouldn't be able to taste anything if I did. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBeagle

Registration date : 2016-11-08

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am

Hard to say exactly...I ran out of fingers and toes Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glassjapan

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Slowroll wrote:
glassjapan wrote:

That's  because  there's  soooo much great tobacco out there it's  hard to resist trying 'em all.  

Isn't that the truth! But I'm also trying trying to narrow down what I cellar and that has me revisiting some old favorites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Due to a much anticipated weekend I've received a few more tobacco's I want/need to try. Also was gifted some Germain's Rich Dark Flake. Which I intend on smoking on my Birthday tomorrow. Been a while since I've enjoyed this Flake, reminds me a bit similar to Stonehaven.
Now have 24 different blends opened..... 5)   5) and two more definitely tomorrow.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:52 pm

I only have too.............

many. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?   Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:08 am

glassjapan wrote:

Yeah right! Good luck with that. lol! lol!

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How Many Tins, Jars, or Pouches of Tobacco Do You Have Open?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1