HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Calabash identification and date assistance needed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tommyknocer

Registration date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Calabash identification and date assistance needed.   Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi All

I am new to the forum and I am super excited. I trust that I will learn a lot from those in the know.

I am struggling with identifying the calabash pipe. Think the 1 mark means that the silver work was done in Birmingham.

Any info from you would be welcomed and really appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Calabash identification and date assistance needed.   Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Welcome to BOB!

Judging from the hallmark, I'd say it's a 1919. The anchor means the silver was marked in Birmingham. She looks to be in pretty rough shape, but with enough elbow grease you can probably clean her up. Nice find!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Calabash identification and date assistance needed.   Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
Welcome to BOB!

Judging from the hallmark, I'd say it's a 1919. The anchor means the silver was marked in Birmingham. She looks to be in pretty rough shape, but with enough elbow grease you can probably clean her up. Nice find!

Tommy, Ocelot55 (Jesse) is one of our esteemed artisan carvers/pipesmiths here at BoB. So if anyone knows anything about something like this it will inevitably be him. So this is sage information.

And what a great pipe that awaits restoration. A truly great find!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Tommyknocer

Registration date : 2017-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Calabash identification and date assistance needed.   Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:37 am

Brewdude wrote:
Ocelot55 wrote:
Welcome to BOB!

Tommy, Ocelot55 (Jesse) is one of our esteemed artisan carvers/pipesmiths here at BoB. So if anyone knows anything about something like this it will inevitably be him. So this is sage information.

And what a great pipe that awaits restoration. A truly great find!

Cheers,

RR

Thank you for the information. Now time for the restoration. I have never restored a pipe myself, I will go and search for a how to thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calabash identification and date assistance needed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1