HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. Empty
PostSubject: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Dunno if this is the correct forum to ask this but I'll go ahead anyway-

How does one go about posting an mp3 file? I cannot c&p this from my e-mail. It works for me, but apparently that's because I have access to my e-mail through my password. Or so I've been led to believe.

So what's a good easy and simple way to do this if I have a mp3 file I received by e-mail I'd like to post here? And it's not available elsewhere, like on youtube or such.

TIA

Cheers,

RR

Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. Purple11x 2Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. Bombx10Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. BombPosting a mp3 link. Please advise. BombPosting a mp3 link. Please advise. D6bddf10 Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.randereed.com Online
bosun1

bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 9:50 am

Probably put the file on one of the file sharing sites like 'imgur.com'. The site will give you an url for the file, then just post the url here..
easier than it sounds..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 pm

sendspace is a free host. I use it for MP3s all the time. If it is more than a single MP3, you'll have to zip it into a folder. Or you could set up a free account at mediafire if you want more control over it. I should say that I *think* mediafire is still free. I know it used to be. Or if you have a cloud, like through your phone or a gmail account, you can upload it there and choose to share the cloud link in various ways. Just to those with the link. To no one and simply for storage. Or globally, ie publicly. I think you get 10GB for free with your gmail account, but you do have to activate the cloud.

I use sendspace when I'm posting publicly. I use my gmail cloud storage when between friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Zeno Marx wrote:
Or if you have a cloud, like through your phone or a gmail account, you can upload it there and choose to share the cloud link in various ways.  Just to those with the link.  To no one and simply for storage. Or globally, ie publicly.  I think you get 10GB for free with your gmail account, but you do have to activate the cloud.

Zeno, I'll be looking into this for my gmail acct. That sounds like it might be the easiest and fastest way for me provided I can figure it out. These things don't come easy to me!

Thanks brother!

Cheers,

RR

Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. Purple11x 2Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. Bombx10Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. BombPosting a mp3 link. Please advise. BombPosting a mp3 link. Please advise. D6bddf10 Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 pm

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to access the feature on my gmail that will allow this for the general public. Did a google search and a couple threads were far more confusing than I can deal with.

I'll look into sendspace next. Hopefully it's as simple as creating an account and password, and then pasting in the link from my email. If there's too many steps then it's not for me. KIFS!

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
Zeno Marx

Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 8:08 pm

I was going to offer some help, but then I forgot. Sorry. Sendspace really is easier. Both can by handy in their own ways

This is all going from a PC. NOT a phone. I don't know how gmail looks from a phone.

1) go to your gmail account

2) click on the rubik's cube in the upper right corner (6 squares in a larger square shape)

3) click the Drive symbol (if you don't have one, let me know. you might have to either activate or do something that I can't remember right now). I think it should be there though.

4) near the top, click My Drive with the down arrow next to it. a drop down menu will appear.

5) click Upload files...

6) locate the file, files, or zip folder and click it. As I said earlier, when more than a single MP3, photo, or file, I make a zip folder so the person, or people, who grab my stuff don't have to mess with one at a time. A zip folder is a lot less of a hassle for them...IF THEY KNOW HOW TO UNZIP A FOLDER, which most people do.

7) click open. the upload will automatically begin.

8) when it finishes uploading, a little box will appear in the bottom right corner. click the X so it will disappear.

9) find the name of your file or folder on the list and RIGHT click it. a drop down menu will appear.

10) left click "Get shareable link..." a box will appear.

11) click "sharing settings" at the bottom of that little box.

12) click "Anyone with the link can view"

13) click "copy link"

14) click "done"

15) share the link.

You can allow other people to edit it. You can make it private just for you. If you have other intentions than to share the link, let me know. I'll have to look at it again to go through those steps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptyMon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Rande,
 Since you already have a gmail account open a Google Drive account. I've sent and posted videos from 4 gigs to a recent 27.3 gig file to a friend. Also as recommended prior, I also use and find Imgur easy for the average person. Has a friendly graphic user interface ( GUI ) , I use Imgur to post pictures or videos here on the BoB.
I also recommend watching a few instructional videos on YouTube, basics on using Imgur. I HIGHLY recommend Imgur. The developer is a friend and constantly updates and fixes bugs.
Good luck and have fun!!

PS
What Zeno described works well, gmail is associated with Google Drive and " plays well together "! Easy to set up a Google Drive account.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 am

Thanks Zeno for the step by step. I'll print that out and see if I can get it to work. Not sure if the computer I'm using will have that Drive thingy. I'll take baby steps and see what happens.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.   Posting a mp3 link. Please advise. EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:08 pm

OK Zeno, just made my first attempt at this from your instructions. It's posted in the Music forum under my thread "New Albums In The Works". Scroll down to the bottom of the third page and tell me if I was successful.

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down

Posting a mp3 link. Please advise.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Village Charter-
Jump to: