HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alrightdriver

Registration date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:38 am

So being new to pipe smoking I have been buying a lot lately. Thought I would post some pics. forst the acquisitions..

and the gift... This is a pipe my dad gave me that he bought about 25 give or take a couple years ago. Since he no longer smokes he gave it to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alrightdriver

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 am

ok so being new here I apparently messed up on the pics and 2 were tiny .. sorry but they do enlarge fine if you click on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:59 am

You chose some excellent blends. Now find the blend that you would enjoy smoking all day, if needed. Now comes the fun time ahead cheers cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:35 pm

You're doing fine hope you're enjoying the hobby.
banjo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
alrightdriver

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:40 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
banjo

I do enjoy the hobby a lot. A bit obsessed actually. I find myself researching pipes and tobaccos constantly. I am a cigar smoker as well and started pipes as a way to kinda help me rest my cigars more before smoking, that and once you have a couple pipes keeping some tobacco around is way cheaper to keep up with than the gars. I am still in the try it all phase, so I have been buying all I can. It is a great way to relax. my only issue right now is deciding what to put in the bowl... there are so many choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 pm

alrightdriver wrote:
fishnbanjo wrote:
banjo

I do enjoy the hobby a lot. A bit obsessed actually. I find myself researching pipes and tobaccos constantly. I am a cigar smoker as well and started pipes as a way to kinda help me rest my cigars more before smoking, that and once you have a couple pipes keeping some tobacco around is way cheaper to keep up with than the gars. I am still in the try it all phase, so I have been buying all I can. It is a great way to relax. my only issue right now is deciding what to put in the bowl... there are so many choices.

Welcome aboard!! Twisted Evil A small piece of advice from a smoker of 48 years, KISS it!! Pick out 3/4 blends, finsh a tin of each, THEN move on to some others. Unless it's just awfull you need at least a tins worth to really get an idea of how a blend does in the pipes you have. Just some friendly advice Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alrightdriver

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Welcome aboard!! Twisted Evil  A small piece of advice from a smoker of 48 years, KISS it!! Pick out 3/4 blends, finsh a tin of each, THEN move on to some others. Unless it's just awfull you need at least a tins worth to really get an idea of how a blend does in the pipes you have.  Just some friendly advice Twisted Evil [/quote]

Thanks for the advice, While I have been buying a lot of blends I have also been smoking through only a few at a time. I am a guy that likes variety in my tobacco, that as I have a buddy that smokes a pipe that I've been trading a bit back and forth with. the good thing to me is if I find something at a decent price I buy it because it can be stored indefinitely either in the unopened tin/can or in a mason jar. I get that you have to smoke a good bit of something to really get an idea on something. It is the same with cigars. I just get excited and go on a spree, especially in my hobbies be that tobacco or music or books. there is alos the fact that if I am able I can't pass up chances to get esoterica blends or other hard to find things if I run across them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 pm

I see some old friends in those blends you've selected. I'm especially fond of Royal Yacht. Careful though. It has a good nic hit and if your aren't accustomed to a higher level of nicotine it may cause a little stomach upset and a swimming head but is's a stellar smoke full of flavor. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alrightdriver

PostSubject: Re: Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...   Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:57 pm

AJ wrote:
I see some old friends in those blends you've selected. I'm especially fond of Royal Yacht. Careful though. It has a good nic hit and if your aren't accustomed to a higher level of nicotine it may cause a little stomach upset and a swimming head but is's a stellar smoke full of flavor. Smile

AJ

it does have a strong nic kick to it, but I have been a smoker of cigs for years and have been seeking out nic bombs in the cigar world... in fact the I heard the royal yacht had a strong nic hit to it was the reason I got it to begin with. Thanks for the warning though, had I not been a smoker for as long as I have it would have knocked me down that first bowl, as it is I only just noticed it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Acquisitions over the last month and a gift...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1