HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Reason for asking is because I have a recently bought (about 6 weeks) lb of this and it's been driving me nuts that it tastes nothing like the tins I had. I finally hit me today--it tastes like Virginia. No latakia. I believe that
McC mislabeled Old Dark fired as latakia flake. Anyone else notice this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Bizarre. I smoked a small sample of Latakia Flake when it was first released (good stuff) and the Latakia was quite noticeable, so either your box was mislabeled by Mac Baren or you have a bonafide case of anosmia.

Are you getting over a cold or suffering from seasonal allergies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Bizarre. I smoked a small sample of Latakia Flake when it was first released (good stuff) and the Latakia was quite noticeable, so either your box was mislabeled by Mac Baren or you have a bonafide case of anosmia.

Are you getting over a cold or suffering from seasonal allergies?

Nope, and all my other lat blends taste fine. And yeah, the latakia in this one should really pop as per past experience. If I smoke some Escudo, which I don't particularly
Care for, it tastes rather like this batch of flake I've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Picture?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 pm

A shot of a few flakes that I broke in half to fit in tin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?
Page 1 of 1