HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slowroll

Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Reason for asking is because I have a recently bought (about 6 weeks) lb of this and it's been driving me nuts that it tastes nothing like the tins I had. I finally hit me today--it tastes like Virginia. No latakia. I believe that
McC mislabeled Old Dark fired as latakia flake. Anyone else notice this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Bizarre. I smoked a small sample of Latakia Flake when it was first released (good stuff) and the Latakia was quite noticeable, so either your box was mislabeled by Mac Baren or you have a bonafide case of anosmia.

Are you getting over a cold or suffering from seasonal allergies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:48 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
Bizarre. I smoked a small sample of Latakia Flake when it was first released (good stuff) and the Latakia was quite noticeable, so either your box was mislabeled by Mac Baren or you have a bonafide case of anosmia.

Are you getting over a cold or suffering from seasonal allergies?

Nope, and all my other lat blends taste fine. And yeah, the latakia in this one should really pop as per past experience. If I smoke some Escudo, which I don't particularly
Care for, it tastes rather like this batch of flake I've got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Picture?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slowroll

PostSubject: Re: Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:10 pm

A shot of a few flakes that I broke in half to fit in tin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Anyone bough tbulk HH Latakia flake recently?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1