HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Jim Croce, RIP.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Jim Croce, RIP.   Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:00 pm

44 years ago today, Jim Croce died in a plane crash. Those who remember his music knew we'd lost a special talent. By the luck of somebody having a cassette recorder near the stage, audio of Croce's last concert was recorded and here it is:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Jim Croce, RIP.   Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:55 pm

I remember his music, I'm a big fan. Also, I still remember hearing on the radio almost verbatim " Jim Croce was killed today in a plane crash ", my heart sunk. Was a sad day  Sad
It was a great loss to his family, too us 🎶 music 🎶 lovers and the music industry in general, " he was a one of a kind musician ".

Thanks for posting Jim

REST IN PEACE JIM CROCE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Jim Croce, RIP.   Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Big fan also. Learned many of his tunes back in the day when I was teaching private guitar lessons. My students loved them, and so did I. Pity he died so young and at the top of his game with so much more to offer.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
JimInks

Registration date : 2012-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Jim Croce, RIP.   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Turns out Jim Croce had one song he recorded with just himself and his guitar, but never got to record it for an album. This is the last song he wrote and his son A.J. and Vince Gill have recorded it. Here's a peek at what might have been next for Jim had he lived, though I'm sure it would have sounded different than this version does. Hope Jim's version shows up sometime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Jim Croce, RIP.   Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Jim, thanks for posting!!

Now, just shut your eyes and listen to the song again. I can actually hear and picture how this song might/would have sounded if Jim Croce had a chance to record this great find. Hopefully Jim Croce's lost recording will eventually appear!!

REST IN PEACE JIM CROCE
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jim Croce, RIP.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Arts & Entertainment-
Jump to: