HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Next blend, next lovat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Next blend, next lovat.   Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Davidoff Scottish mixture in a Peterson lovat. Great pipe, interesting blend. First bowl, too soon to form any sort of opinion, but it's not bad at all.

Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Lovely looking briar there PD. Very distinguished. I know the brand but not at all familiar with Davidoff as a producer of baccy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Not acquainted with the 'baccy or pipe but that pic resonates on all cylinders!

cyclops

Please give us the full report P-diddy!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Not acquainted with the 'baccy or pipe but that pic resonates on all cylinders! ...Please give us the full report P-diddy!...

Agreed. And just what is that pipe? The blast or whatever it is looks too good for a Pete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Richard Burley wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Not acquainted with the 'baccy or pipe but that pic resonates on all cylinders! ...Please give us the full report P-diddy!...

Agreed. And just what is that pipe? The blast or whatever it is looks too good for a Pete.

I thought so too, but that is definitely the Peterson "P" on the stem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 am

The pipe is stamped "Fisherman" on the silver collar, has an acrylic stem and is maybe 5" long.  I've seen a few on european pipe sites but not in the states. The Peterson Fisherman series here is a different pipe.

Link to an example:

https://mobile.novelli.it:442/en/pipes/Peterson--Fisherman--pfish02_12017-pipe.aspx

Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 am

The Davidoff tobacco was just sort of "Meh.... Neutral " Never really shined but wasn't bad either. Flavors were a little thin.

Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 am

Really nice Pete and very common in Europe.  A few years ago I tried a couple of bowls of this blend and to me it was just " blah ". Never hit that high note for me!
But that Pete is sure a beauty, but than again I'm a fan of all Lovat style pipes. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:16 pm

That's a great looking Peterson. Hopefully one day, one will wander across the pond and end up in my neck of the woods. That would be a hard one to resist!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 pm

I've tried their flake medallions. Also kind of "meh". I think they also produce unremarkable cigars of a light to medium nature.

Fantastic Pete by the way. Got all tingly looking at it. I've seen the fisherman series on the net, but never a real pic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 pm

Simple Man wrote:

That's a great looking Peterson. Hopefully one day, one will wander across the pond and end up in my neck of the woods. That would be a hard one to resist!

Keep your eyes open on eBay. I've spotted two of the stunning Pete Lovat pipes up for bid. Definitely my favorite out of all the Pete styles. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lonecoyote

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Jev wrote:
I've tried their flake medallions. Also kind of "meh". I think they also produce unremarkable cigars of a light to medium nature. 

Fantastic Pete by the way. Got all tingly looking at it. I've seen the fisherman series on the net, but never a real pic

For many years I was hooked on their University Flake back in the 80's to the mid 90's. Now it's one of those blah blends. Still have a few old tins, need to pop one open one day soon. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:45 pm

Lonecoyote wrote:
Simple Man wrote:

Keep your eyes open on eBay. I've spotted two of the stunning Pete Lovat pipes up for bid. Definitely my favorite out of all the Pete styles. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Yeah, definitely going to be on my "to acquire" list for someday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jevverrett

Registration date : 2014-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Next blend, next lovat.   Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:21 pm

[quote="Lonecoyote"]
Jev wrote:

For many years I was hooked on their University Flake back in the 80's to the mid 90's. Now it's one of those blah blends. Still have a few old tins, need to pop one open one day soon. 

From daviddoff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Next blend, next lovat.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1