HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A tip of the hat...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: A tip of the hat...   Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 pm

To Steve Fallon, aka "Pipestud." I purchased two tobacco tins from Steve about three weeks ago. Upon arrival, the box contained the wrong tins. No big deal, I just called and left him a voicemail. He called me back in about ten minutes confessing that, yes, a goofup had occurred; but not to worry. He had already packed up the "real" tins; my box was on its way to the post office!

I replied that I was repacking the errant tins and sending them back to him. He said "Nope, you just keep'um. Don't send them back!" I protested; he was insistent on no return. He said "you might even like'em!!" We then had a nice discussion concerning "Pipa Croci" pipes and other subjects!!

Great guy with whom to do business. If you have a chance to meet him at a pipe show you'll know what I mean!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:07 pm

Yuppers. Same thing happened to me a while back, and Steve just said "keep the other tin, the right one will be on the way." Helluva good guy to deal with!

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Lonecoyote

Registration date : 2016-10-15

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 pm

You betcha....a pleasure to do business with and a gentleman. If you have a pipe question 9.9 times out of 10 Steve will have the answer cheers

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Very cool! I keep looking..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:10 am

Steve runs a great little business. One time I placed an order for a bag of Dunbar that was accidentally, freshly cut open, big discount on his 3rd page, which is the only page I can afford to buy from. He sent me a bag of well aged Margate by accident, and while I did have to send it back, he covered all the postage for the hassle and quick shipped the Dunbar without having received the Margate back yet. So yeah, trusting, solid and reputable businessman. If I ever need to unload a portion of my cellar, he'll get the call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 am

Steve is one of the best people in this industry. Truly a class act! I always enjoy speaking with him at shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: A tip of the hat...   Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I did a couple purchases from him a few years back and he was a true gentlemen and straight shooter.  I wish all businessmen would have his standards.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A tip of the hat...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: